675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

675's Seen on the Road

Discussion in 'General' started by Stu, May 4, 2009.

1. And I thought it was just random blokes on bikes appreciating my rear end.

@farmer1, yes, it was me. I was vaguely aware of the said loon but I was concentrating on looking into my turn and not on those fecking lunatics undertaking us. LoL. I was out dipping my toes into the IAM and it was one of their social rides. Glad that you're getting out and B Tower is a lovely destination.

2. Underwaterbiker

Underwaterbiker

A11 Thetford 2.30 pm. Sunday 4th June. Black Daytona 675 on the Brandon roundabout. I was waiting on a Daytona se.

3. farmer1

farmer1

I think fecking loons under taking is a bit harsh, I saw it more as measured filtering past stationary traffic.

4. Good reposte. I'd NEVER do anything similar, honest guv

(Not on an IAM ride, anyway).

5. farmer1

farmer1

Ha ha ofcourse you wouldn't lol.
    I have never done any iam riding as you can probably tell lol, but I have ridden with Stu and Teresa a bit who I think are fairly well up the iam ladder and can honestly say I am in awe watching them carve through traffic at a fair rate of knots all very safely I must add.
    Hope it all goes well for you

6. couple of 675,s at rothbury yesterday afternoon been trying not to make mutton chops out of bloody loose sheep between wooler and belford northumberland,

7. treesr

treesr

Not really 'high up' : ) we have both been observers.. stu still is. We tend to ride 'differently' dependant on who we're riding with ; )

8. farmer1

farmer1

Ahh that explains it lol.
    @treesr
    What are your thoughts/ iam stance on this situation?
    This partly contributed to the above mentioned filtering/undertaking after a few frustrating miles.
    Myself and two friends out for a ride, at times spirited but nothing too mental, catch up to the back of the iam group interspersed with other traffic traveling just below the national speed limit (No problem with that, each to there own) but the frustrating part was that every time the road opened up so that I could make a safe pass the rider in front drifted out to the white line as if he/she was going to make a pass but then just sat there, not wanting to risk colliding if they did suddenly make a move I too had to just sit there for several miles.
    Later on in the day we were caught up by a faster group we all moved left, leg out and let them carry on at their pace and we carried on at ours, much safer in my opinion.

9. treesr

treesr

arrgghhh... i feel your pain. the IAM group should have let you pass. They are not there to police the road, and I would like to think that a social riding group from our club would have let you pass.

You were caught by a faster group0_0 they must have been properly HOONING :lol:

Well done for 'exercising restraint' with regards the IAM group.. I think I would have risked taking their overtake long before you did!
    fwiw we tend to choose the guys we ride with from our club now... those that ride similarly to us, although we still tend to keep our splitting traffic/super filtering skills away from IAM eyes;))

10. farmer1

farmer1

Thanks for that treesr, I wasn't sure if I was being unreasonable expecting people to move out of my way, it's just what I've always done myself when the role is reversed.

11. thegoose675

thegoose675

An 11 plate caspian blue Tona with gold wheels parked up @ Cooper BMW Norwich.

12. RICH675

RICH675

Quite a few 675 up at Rivi today. Was glorious and the roads reasonably quiet coming into Southport.
    Top ride.

13. Not a 675 but saw a new 765 Rs at donny racing this weekend watching BEMSEE

14. Scottyjm675

Scottyjm675

Who's grey daytona 675 with akro exhaust is on Gibraltar barracks ?? Also has 675.cc stickers :)

15. Very pretty 66 plate white Daytona in the town centre carpark in Wallingford. It looked pretty standard other than the quickshifter.

And it was grubbier than mine. Woohoo :D

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  16. Jay311275

Jay311275

you haven't seen mine..... shes a really dirty [email protected]%....eauty

17. triple7

triple7

Saw a grey daytona with red subframe coming through Esher last night at around 6pm. Looked nice and different, anyone on here?

18. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Black 675r seen on the M4 westbound tonight, Newbury/Chievley heading to hungerford. Doing the speed limit while I went past with the kids driving me potty after a day out in London...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  19. Ntecuk

Ntecuk

White street in Triptree 5.40 pm last week.
    Tbh its mainly Tiger Country lol

20. What you doing down my neck of the woods mate? ;-) wasn't me though unfortunately