675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

WTD - Billet Oil Cooler

Discussion in 'Wanted & Swaps' started by 675peggy, Sep 10, 2016.

1. 675peggy

675peggy

Does anyone have a UKRS billet cooler for sale?

Thanks, Peggy

2. @Bigmac had one for sale

Are you going with one of these over a separate oil cooler and adapter now?

3. 675peggy

675peggy

No, I want one to copy so I can model the take off plate, found a generic Alu cooler that will work under the rad, I reckon I can do a full kit for £250, but will get it quoted and let everyone know.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Might it be worthwhile contacting UKRS directly and getting one at trade price or checking that backward engineering his design is ok?

* I thought its already been established that no one has actually had an OEM one blow yet?

5. 675peggy

675peggy

I'm not copying his design as such just how it interfaces with the engine block, then I can design a take off plate to replace the standard HE and fit an oil cooler.

Someone on here has had one go and a few have gone over the years, I can't afford to rebuild my engine (again!) Or repair my bike after a highside.

Even if I only end up making one it's still cheaper than UKRS full blown kit and is a lot cheaper than the above!

It'll never look as pretty as the handmade UKRS cooler but it'll work just as well!

6. I have a JHS one installed as they rebuilt / refreshed my engine after I have an off / bike rolled and partly seized.
    it's a shrewd investment for the costs involved.

(Bought some chinese rads for my 400 that were a 1/4 of the cost of others, so far, so good)

7. 675peggy

675peggy

Yup a billet one is my backup plan if designing the plate turns out to be expensive, trying to simplify the UKRS plate so it's easier to machine from one piece rather than being a welded assembly.

Oil cooler will be from China, just trying to find a decent company that 100% pressure test, will push the price up a little but it's worth it.

I reckon 90% of the ones sold in the UK are imports these days.

8. 675peggy

675peggy