675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Winter gloves

Discussion in 'Clothing & Safety Equipment' started by emma-lou, Oct 14, 2016.

1. emma-lou

emma-lou

Been very impressed with the triumph gloves I bought off John a little while back, so took my dad to triumph shop today helping him SKI...I'll be wearing these later, so I'll update, what they feel like later.
    Navigator glove, outlast (version similar to goretex) same as my coat, thinsulate. And if your vaguely interested men's medium this time. £80.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2. emma-lou

emma-lou

Yes I've got 4 hands.

3. I had the previous version of these, different colour basically. Very nice gloves and worked well in some torrential rain on 2hr+ motorway stints.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stu675

Stu675

My understanding of outlast is that it's nothing to do with a waterproof layer, but it is able to retain a given temprature so you should store it at the temperature you want to feel when you come to use it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Red675

Red675

• Like Like x 1
  6. emma-lou

emma-lou

How comes it's more waterproof than my goretex coat? Does it do both? I was about 2 miles from you tonight, but soz couldn't be bothered with the gigantic amount of rush hour traffic. Ended up playing chicken on the m3 with a fireblade! Maybe I'll catch you next time I'm nearby x

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Red675

Red675

U cant beat a good game of chicken to beat the boredom lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. emma-lou

emma-lou

Well I wore them for about 100yrds, then changed them for the leather ones for my ride. Waaaay too big, what a tw@t, they're goig back next week.
    I'm way border than bored.

9. emma-lou

emma-lou

So got new pair today, done 100 miles in them so far and mitts are warm as toast. I'm slightly annoyed tho, they are called Navigator gloves, and regardless of them sort of knowing their left from their right, they have got f all sense of direction. Maybe I'm expecting too much for £80?

10. SW73

SW73

Perhaps a case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing?

11. emma-lou

emma-lou

12. StMarks

StMarks PTG