675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Where did you get to on your bike today? :)

Discussion in 'General' started by MBOARD94, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Nipped up Cat&fiddle first time since double hernia op pub still closed ImageUploadedBy675cc1473280483.558284.jpg ImageUploadedBy675cc1473280459.058745.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stu675

Stu675

^^^awesome! you went to one of the finest beauty spots in the country & took 2 pics of your bike in a car park with a tiny bit of scrub grass and a bin showing :lol:

Baglux cover looks good :thumbup:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. W_esty

W_esty

Test riding with intentions?

Great test review write ups

4. Rossgo

Rossgo

Funniest post I've seen for a little while on here Stu love it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. emma-lou

emma-lou

Home without a hitch, luckily, but by 'eck it's a tad chilly this morning.

6. I took a very dirty, gritty slippy ride to Blake's in Clanfield. I love the old Pilot Powers in what passes for a summer, but autumn / winter on them is a bit... Nah... Still, it was good to get out and the food was fabulous.
    DSC_1816.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  7. I took the Gen2 for a beautiful trip to... Lahhhndun. OK, so a trip down the M40 and back is probably not in the top 10 UK roadtrips, but it was so nice to be out on the bike and it's behaving perfectly after it's hibernation time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I took a ride through some mud and gravel, interspersed with an occasional bit of road amidst the potholes to On Yer Bike Aylesbury to sit on some potential new bikes. I now know for certain that I have super short midget legs and I can't kid myself that I'm 'average' any longer. The only bike that I could flat foot both sides was a MV Agusta... Mmmm, it's so pretty, too.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Who wants to be "average" anyway;)

Which MV Agusta was that, not a Super Veloce.
    I sometimes find trying bikes in showrooms trickier than on normal tarmac, with their shiny floors and everything covered in silicone spray, almost dropped a Thruxton before buying mine, not cause it was too tall but just leant it slightly while sat on it and trainers slipped on the shiny floor:confused:

Weirdly been looking at MV Agusta F4 1000 vids on Youtube, after running out of Triumph content, and have a strange longing for one, a bit long in the tooth now and probably not the most reliable, bit like me, but they are gorgeous. (not like me):rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I love the MV analogy. I'll add that they're temperamental, unreliable and, as nice as they seem, you wouldn't necessarily want to live with one. I think that I've found my spirit bike at last :rotfl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. scaramanga

scaramanga

Rode mine to testing station
    All moted now ready for the British summer
    Did make a 10 to 15 mile detour on way home just to warm her up

• Like Like x 3
  12. Just for balance, I had heard the same but I had a 2021 model year bike (importantly a euro 4 model) and it was flawless, did several trackdays, road riding etc and never missed a beat

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Lalala, I don't want to hear that: I'm trying desperately to find sensible reasons to NOT commit myself to buying something so beautiful.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. SW73

SW73

Was it @farmer1 brought a 675 MV one year to the fest? I remember it broke down twice and left the premier inn having not turned a wheel on an AA truck! Beautiful looking and he said lightweight....which he reckons was a godsend when pushing it home

15. He did, but it was an early Euro3, it’s a bit like people making comments about Daytona’s we all know the earlier ones are a touch more fragile but still okay. Fine I’m not comparing the MV to the Daytona but the MV’s made absolutely huge strides in reliability and usability on the Euro4 bikes, and the Euro5 ones are supposed to be better again.

Oh and 3 year warranty as default on them

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. SW73

SW73

I reminded everyone slightly tongue in cheek. You'll no doubt be right @Phill748 but my experience (admittedly of only 3 individual bikes) is they do seem fragile. Fair play to MV putting a 3 year warranty on it and therefore their money where their mouth is. . I think the difference with the triumph was they were fairly bulletproof with only the charging circuit not particularly robust to say the least. I've always fancied an MV since the F4. They make a great looking bike IMHO. Maybe one day.

17. Yep. For sure they are more fragile, they remind me of circa 2003 Ducatis and tbh I can understand that being a turn off for people. But think if you buy new or nearly new from a decent dealer the experience can be pretty good. And for balance I had a Panigale V2 and had 5 warranty issues in less than a year including it needed new headlights at over £1k.

Tbf I’ve had 4 Daytonas and not had a single fault with any of them, hence I’m still sort of hanging around

• Like Like x 1
  18. SW73

SW73

A nearly new with a three year warranty sounds like it could be a real bargain . One of the things I've always liked about this forum is people hang around even if they move on to other things. Real world experiences of other bikes is a big part of that . I'm looking at a multi 950s as well speak so I hope Ducati have sorted out their QA. In fairness...one of the reasons I remain loyal to triumph is they changed the charging circuit in its entirety twice on my bike, both times out of warranty. I still say however they should sell stators and reg. Rectifiers at cost.

19. I’ve got a 899 at the mo, the love of my biking life, and a new Speed Triple 1200RR which is a decent bike. A good bike infact but I just can’t quite love it.

Oh…. And a crashed D675r in a dozen pieces to put back together in a few weeks.

Anyway, there is a very low miles F3 Rosso at Fraser s Gloucester for £12999, which I don’t think is ridiculous money for it tbh

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SW73

SW73

I spent a bit of time in Australia.... riding an 848! They certainly aren't short of power! I have a Ducati itch to scratch but at my age...and given I tour....I think a multi may be a better option. I keep thinking about track days....but simply can't afford another super expensive hobby Screenshot_20240403-001830.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1