675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tony B, Apr 6, 2013.

1. StMarks

StMarks PTG

If it's any consolation, I don't think my back wheel ever looks as clean after my detailing as yours does there.!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. gninnam

gninnam

Took the D675 this morning to the garage for its mot.
    Passed with no problems :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  3. gninnam

gninnam

Insured the bike today - can't believe how much it has gone up compared to last year.
    This includes ringing around and using some of the comparative sites.
    Ended up going with Bikesure.

4. SW73

SW73

I didn't have too much trouble with the triumph but the CRF 250 went from £114 last year to wanting £394 this year. Ridiculous. Searching around got that to £304. Going in the huff, reducing annual mileage to 4000, taking off pillion cover and accepting a £400 excess got it to £189. Bought via topcashback got me a £22 rebate. And a few avios points. I fear the theft profile and greed are the driving factors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. gninnam

gninnam

ITs crazy what they are asking at the moment but you have to pay for it so just have to grin and bear it :(

6. SW73

SW73

Or notify a bike or two off road and tell them to find someone with better nipples to milk! I'm not signing up to any more inflationary practices

7. Really? My renewal was less than last year. Perks of doing soddall miles these days, I suppose.

8. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Technically it was Saturday but loads going on - dropped it off with No Limits for a trip to Portimao - first time on slicks, new bike, escape the June cold & 1.5 days after chilling as well:binging: IMG_1535.jpeg IMG_1544.jpeg IMG_1546.jpeg IMG_1550.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  9. Not work on the bike but whats the next most important thing after your motorbike, yes, where its kept;)

Garage hasn't had any major work done since it was put up about 15 yrs ago, only a basic pre-fab concrete panel and the roof leaks a bit in heavy downpours.
    cleaned off all the moss and dirt, kneeling on wooden planks moving along a few feet at a time:mad:, sealed panels with sikagard, tightened all the panel bolts, sealed all the overlapping joints with gutter/roof sealant, repaired a few cracks with flashband tape.

Next all the wood across the front facia and along the side edges will be stripped off, will run flashband tape all the way along the sides before fitting the new wood, there was just an open gap under the existing wood.
    Not very exciting pic:p
    20240610_174722.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. StMarks

StMarks PTG

8-)) Pretty cracking backdrop, to be working against Wobbley'. -I just hope the wind wasn't howling round you, like it has up here recently.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Yes. not a bad view, looks much better from the top of the garage than my bungalow to be fair
    Another full day today but doesn't look much different though, stripped the rotten wood off both sides, primer applied then flashband tape over the gaps, new wood fitted on the left, have to use the other boards to work off as I've no access to that side, everything takes 10x as long dragging the boards and tools up and down the roof. Made two rookie errors, left a piece of wood on the floor with a nail sticking up:eek:, then kicked over a small tin of creosote all over my nice clean roof panels:mad:
    20240611_185922.jpg