675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tony B, Apr 6, 2013.

1. GazP

GazP

Looks awesome mate. Nice ride!

2. I’m now looking at these. Thanks. Lol
    What was the fitment like? As the hole unit comes doesn’t it?
    Where have you hidden the ballast etc?

3. StephenP

StephenP

Fitment was fine, it's just the same as OEM. Lots of wires though, I hid mine under the back of the clocks in the nose. Having removed the flapper there's quite a bit of room and fed the wires to each headlight unit. Can hardly tell[​IMG]

4. cpatel89

cpatel89

I know this ain’t what I did to the bike today it’s more off a what I did for the bike kind off thing

IMG_2945.JPG IMG_2942.JPG IMG_2943.JPG

5. Fitted a new rear tyre, the previous Avon 3D ultra sport which i was really happy with lasted 5000 miles, not bad but always looking to save a bit of money and add some mileage I went for the Avon storm 3D XM.
    20200908_134308.jpg
    Have the same tyre fitted to the rear of my Thruxton R and the centre section is proving to be very hard wearing with no loss of grip at the sides, it's been on the Thruxton for 5500 miles so far and I still have 4 mm of tread left in the centre (7.5mm new)
    On the Daytona with half the torque and less weight it should be even longer-lasting.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Disabled the exup valve with tune ECU.
    The valve was working ok but I thought I'd try the bike with it open permanently, I just wanted to try something to add to the riding experience since I don't use the bike much nowadays compared with the Thruxton R.
    Haven't noticed any loss in power low down and it's definitely increased the noise level especially on the gear shifts and overrun:bang:
    It's almost worth riding it now just to go up and down the gears, so sweet compared with the sometimes clunky Thruxton gear shift.
    As somebody mentioned on here it does make it run lean initially, but watching the fuel trims it's within its adjustment range and just needs time to fully adapt.

7. 20201020_133917.jpg

Removed the fairings for a proper clean before putting it away for the winter.
    Got really crapped up in the floods the other week so wanted to get access to the bits I couldn't reach, mainly the front of the engine behind the downpipes, gave that area a good spray with ACF50 as well.
    Hardly used it this year compared with the Thruxton and riding it seems to take it out of my body a bit more each year but after owning it for 7 years not sure I can bear to part with it.:(

8. DaveJPS

DaveJPS

Stripped the headers off to get them rewelded again DSC_0096.JPG

Sent from my G8141 using 675.cc mobile app

9. Grunty

Grunty

Wired in a relay for the heated grips. Former owner had conn directly to battery only and said would flat in 2 weeks if not ridden. What a dope who ever installed them in the first place.
    Put stock mirrors on as I find the bar end types limited rear view and the possibility of restricting getting hands onto bar in an emergency at from 0 speed to high speed.
    Glued and screwed broken front indicator rubber stalk that had gone brittle.
    Kero to clean the chain and re-lube.
    Treated her to a splash of fuel cleaner :O)

10. 6s3v3n5

6s3v3n5

Got a few things accomplished over the weekend.

New tires installed(rs11 front/rs10 rear, installed quick bleed scews on the front calipers, did a brake fluid flush(spectro golden supreme), have sbs sintered pads on deck, checked all valve clearances, replaced all 6 exhaust shims(they were .256mm, way out of spec? Have them at .356mm now), and finished with a coolant flush(distilled water), followed up by renewing the cooling system with water wetter/distilled water.

Took it for a test ride and when I got back, I realized the damn cam chain tension is seeping oil, AGAIN!. When I installed this APE tensioner a few years ago, I used a new OEM metal gasket. After a while, I noticed it was seeping a little bit of oil, it wasn't bad, so I put it of until I did my valve adjustment. Yesterday, I used a new OEM gasket again, but I think the APE tensioner may have overheated over time from the heat cycles and warped a tad, notice the discoloration? This happen to anyone else? To fix this, I was thinking to take it off and use Ultra Black RTV gasket maker. Now my question is, should I use only the Ultra Black, or use it with the OEM metal gasket?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I don't know the answer, but fwiw if I were faced with that choice I would retain the OEM as well to ensure all internal clearances remained the same.

12. Ntecuk

Ntecuk

Get a straight edge check for run-out on both sides.
    Fwiw most cars I'm working on only use liquid gasket. But well don't overdo it if you decide to go that route.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

13. 6s3v3n5

6s3v3n5

Internal clearances? We are talking about a cam chain tensioner that's adjustable, not rod bearings LOL

I will check for straightness today when I take it off.

I will try to use the metal OEM gasket, and a gasket sealer. We are only talking about seeping oil, not a leak, so hopefully it does the trick. If that doesn't work, I will remove the metal OEM gasket, and just use Ultra Black gasket maker.

14. 6s3v3n5

6s3v3n5

I found the culprit, a shoddy cam tensioner o-ring[​IMG]

15. Got it out and started it and let it warm up, then looked at it for probably longer than is healthy

View attachment 53488

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc

16. Stu

Stu

Today I got to buy my 3rd 675 :)

17. First ride today since October, flipped a coin and picked the Thruxton as its not worth taxing both this early until things improve.
    20210301_153012.jpg 20210301_153120.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. I miss mine mate! Sold it in November as things are a bit tight at the mo with the missus on furlough etc, I loved it, and will have another!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc

19. StephenP

StephenP

Had a friend round, fitted their angel eye headlight's for them[​IMG]

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Looks great imho Stephen, how long does it take you (you'll be getting the hang of it by now I expect?)