675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tony B, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Mr James Greed

Mr James Greed

It's a road bike but I do track it occasionally. You need nc35 yokes for the Daytona forks. I've got a spare set of forks so did think about putting them in, but in the end I just went with some ktech internals for the stock forks. Handles beautifully.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I didn't know that as I chat a lot with Rick Oliver and he sent me a photo of his C30 with the 675 fork mod.
    I bought some spacer from him last year as I was to fit 675 forks on mine but it wouldn't be allowed in the classic races here if I did.
    So, I got them serviced at MCT with race internals.. Also invested in a custom Nitron shock... lovely bikes :)
    PS: I had a QS fitted last year... the sound is brilliant.

3. Mr James Greed

Mr James Greed

Yeah, I got a Nitron R3. Seems to work well enough for me. The nc30 lower yoke is only41mm. The tona forks are much fatter so you need the nc35 lower (or a bespoke made one/tyga etc) plus you need radial calipers. Seemed like too much effort vs a well sorted oem set up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I know what you mean, this was the very first NC35 I bought many years ago with a CBRRR5 front end, the stopping power is amazing on such a light bike.
    This is currently sitting on a pallet minus its wheels and will be picked from as and when parts are needed.
    What does your 30 look like?

2.jpg

5. Mr James Greed

Mr James Greed

IMG-20190723-WA0005.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mr James Greed

Mr James Greed

7. That looks immaculate, don't remember seeing that colour scheme before, is it rare?

8. Mr James Greed

Mr James Greed

It's a 1989 'type 2' scheme also known as the Seed scheme (after the racing team of the same name) it's fairly rare- but then, NCs are getting rarer all the time I guess.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. cpatel89

cpatel89

That’s definitely pushing my luck, she ain’t spoke to me since she saw it there

10. Mr James Greed

Mr James Greed

That's a double win!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mr James Greed

Mr James Greed

Today I have shaved another 2.4kgs off the bikes weight by fitting a LiPo battery.
    Oem: 3130 grams
    LiPo: 733 grams

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sold my 675 today, went to a very decent buyer.. First time since 06 that I'm without a 675 in the garage..
    Oh well, the king is dead, long live the king...

1.jpg

13. StephenP

StephenP

Didn't do anything today,. But was out on Sunday

[​IMG]

14. midgey46

midgey46

IMG_9383.JPG

Fitted my Racetorx gear shaft support.

Fitment is ace and is a nice trick little piece.

Feels super crisp.

15. midgey46

midgey46

16. cpatel89

cpatel89

17. midgey46

midgey46

Mines a bit of a different set up so my wire only comes out where you can see it. Already at the end of the rod. I have it cable tied to the bracket shown so I know it doesn’t snag or slop about. Gives me piece of mind.

18. Little_cusdin

Little_cusdin

Had 12k service done by muddysump today along with change in coolant/ brake fluid. After seeing air filter bike will be much happier! :D

20200618_131930.jpg

19. cpatel89

cpatel89

Fitted a qs today thanks to @sandpit

IMG_2657.JPG

And it’s fucking amazinggggggggg

I’ve had a really shit day at work today to a point where I wanted to walk but this has changed it all and made it worth the wait

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. JohnnyPS4

JohnnyPS4

Finally fitted a galespeed master cylinder, only been sat in its box since January :confused: along with new h type hel lines as I start to tidy up round the headstock.
    Don’t know if there will be any noticeable improvement over the brembo I’d used previously but material specs, overall machining and finish are extremely impressive in comparison

C6EF7951-50E0-436F-9AE0-B4A9F7234A0C.jpeg

2E1BFE96-3385-4520-95F5-95E91B943B75.jpeg

• Like Like x 1