675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tony B, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Photo or it didn't happen :)

2. cpatel89

cpatel89

The only photo I’ve got is IMG_2286.JPG

As once I got back I found my bike had a oil leak, so I took all the covers off and found the bolt on the bottom right that’s got the fairing mount had undone it self and was about to drop out

3. Hopefully a bit of tightening and it will be sorted

4. RICH675

RICH675

Oil and filter changed on both bikes Saturday afternoon. Chains to adjust, brakes and tyres to check. Clean and lube all round tomorrow.
    RIDE WHENEVER?? 3C296255-72A5-4F08-80B1-F1FF1623A28D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Are many riding these days or abiding by the lock down. Last time I rode was nearly 7 months ago and it’s killing me!

6. I am still, I haven’t ridden my bike in 6 weeks. Am really hoping we might be able to do so for pleasure in the next 4 or so! I can’t use mine for any essential reason at the moment, even the supermarket is 0.5 miles away at the end of the road!

7. I'm riding every few days but no restrictions here in Sweden and even track days are still taking place.
    While I've decided to give TD's a rest most of my riding is unpaved roads, forest tracks etc
    This was last week and not bad for a 30 year old bike.

222.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2020
  8. jamesT

jamesT

F53C965E-634F-413C-AF3F-C3F6A6BBF70B.jpeg This was my last ride just before the lockdown ! Need to get back out !

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lovely looking bike, really is.

10. cpatel89

cpatel89

It’s all sorted out now but it’s just a pain in the arse when you finish work get home and find a oil leak

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. scaramanga

scaramanga

I used mine for work last week
    back to car this week as im there at 5.30 am to open up and giving 1 of lads a lift in save him walking to work as no bus service for us that time of morning
    gotta look after my better workers ha ha
    ive worked days for last 5 years but back on shifts now as supervisor
    wish I was back in transport rather than shop floor

12. Ntecuk

Ntecuk

Changed my RH dip main bulb but it's not the same hue as it's original bulb so looking to fit the other hand today.
    Need to get it's 3 year service parts ordered.

13. Over the last few days I've been trying to sort the drag link bearings since the recent installation of my nice new Nitron shock was rather blighted by the news that these were shot to bits.

The dealer who fitted the shock wanted another £400 quid to fix it. This sounded like he was taking the pi$$ to me, so I said don't bother I'll do it. Well it turns out he's probably done this pig of a job before and knew exactly what was involved.

Getting the drag link out should have been very easy but the numpty before me mixed the sense of the bolts so I had to drop the silencer to get the bolts out. But out it came without too much ado.

I found that the bearings in the swing arm and suspension end of the drag link were completely seized and corroded in. I broke my vice trying to press out drag link bearing! Finally I got the inner sleeve out but not the main shell. I bought some M10 threaded rod, nuts and washers to make a bearing puller. The rod was not man enough and stripped.

Then I used the M10 bolt (high tensile and fine threaded) from the bike end of the drag link to remove the shell which finally did the trick and one drag end bearing was removed. The same bolt is too short to attack the one in the swing arm however so I'm stuck again. In any event a result which gives me hope that I can extract the similarly seized one from the swing arm which I rather feared may need removal of the SA and the attentions of a hydraulic press.

Fingers crossed. More later.

My thanks to @wobblybiker99 for his help to date.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. A few hours yesterday on the Herald, glorious weather here in Sweden.
    * a very different approach here towards covid19 but it appears to be working.

20200509_134049 - Copy.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ntecuk

Ntecuk

Fitting my old fuel can to the 765 link pipe. Only that's 51 mm and the cans about 53 mm..

16. DaveJPS

DaveJPS

Started her for the first time in about a year and a half. (pic from VE day) 2020_0508_17453500.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Please tell me more about this lovely machine.

18. DaveJPS

DaveJPS

This is my Vincent Comet series C, 500cc single, first registered Oct 1950, matching numbers.

19. DaveJPS

DaveJPS

Has a few mods; upgraded suspension dampers, modern carb (the original caused a ), lucas rita with coil ignition (updated with a revival kit), rear set plates (but no rearsets) & center stand

20. lovely, really is and have you had it for long, was it always this pretty?