675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tony B, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Frogcake

Frogcake Moderator Staff Member

Cleared the exhaust valve error code and adjusted the cables. No doubt it will come back again in a 1000 miles or so...

2. Frogcake

Frogcake Moderator Staff Member

Looking forward to seeing this when it's finished!

3. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Finally got it back from mechanic with fixed horn ready for its mot on Saturday - wiring had small snap in it and had burnt out elsewhere!

Still, issue fixed now and bike came back with a nice shiny Brembo MC19 on it - so not only does it feel like a gymnast after the hippo-like size/handling of the Thundercat, but it stops a whole lot better again too!
    IMG_1231.JPG
    IMG_1228.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  4. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

MOT passed this morning, popped into my mates house for a coffee and ended up going for 3hrs of rather wet and slippy autumn riding round the beacons - Mrs FF mentioned something about going shoe shopping, so this seemed a much better idea

5. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Thought I’d go for a ride, battery said no

IMG_0152.JPG

Trip to Halfords in the car it is then.

Top tip, if you have a trickle charger, use it! Doh!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  6. GazST

GazST

Took the street triple for a remap, its now making 106.7 hp and 50.6 ft⋅lb.
    Don't know what it was making before the power commander as the first run was done with the map the auto tune module had created from when i first fitted it back in july of last year.
    The auto tune map was 104.1 hp and 49.1 ft⋅lb but there has been an increase across the entire rev-range.
    Havent been able to test it out properly due to the rain.

7. Cool who did the work?

8. GazST

GazST

Bikerz Racing in Stoke.

9. Prepped my 675 for winter hibernation, drained coolant, removed battery etc, loaded it into the van and took it to the nearby storage unit
    See you next spring...

PB120002.JPG

10. StMarks

StMarks PTG

0_0
    I appreciate that your collection is extensive, but surely your converted shipping container isn't full.??

11. Full-ish but I have access to heated storage unit so might as well use it hey?
    Bikes have come and gone during the past year as I'm changing direction somewhat.
    While track times are some of my best, I'm getting more kicks from the green lanes and dirt tracks that surround my part of the world.

12. Shaunbuddy

Shaunbuddy

I replaced my stator and put on a used Two Brothers slip on

20191207_145137.jpg

13. Last ride of the year on my little Honda NX250 from 1991 that I have owned for many years.
    As you can see, no snow in my part of Sweden but the temp was hovering at minus!

Dec 29-2019 (2).jpg Dec 29-2019 (12).jpg

14. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw I'm surprised you don't have some hand protectors fitted.: Imho they would look "in keeping" with the NX250 style, and I find are very effective at reducing the wind-chill effect on your hands.

15. It's something I've thought about but that's about it to be honest.
    I'm not covering vast mileage at high speeds plus it's fitted with heated grips!
    You're welcome to post an image or two of the ones you've fitted.

16. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Here's a pic' of my little MTX200 that shows the guards I've fitted on her. (Not kept quite as pristine as your NX :oopsoops: , but just as loved I dare say)
    When I use her as a winter hack, as well as reducing the effect of the the hand guards keep my gloves drier for longer when it's raining.

Hth.

upload_2019-12-29_21-58-10.jpeg

upload_2019-12-29_21-58-47.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. I can see the benefit of them for sure and maybe something for the future.
    NX is fairly clean as I tend to hose it down whenever it gets a bit muddy.
    That's a decent collection, all your?

18. StMarks

StMarks PTG

They're my old scramblers. Yes, I still have them but we've not taken them to the quarries for years :cry:

19. peter hawkins

peter hawkins

Stripped all the rear body work off ready for re-painting so then all the painting will be done now fairings off for fork oil change and rear shock rebuild and new oem exhaust . going to be about 6 weeks before its back on the road.

20. DaveJPS

DaveJPS

Finally completed fitting and bleeding hel mc DSC_0972.JPG