675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Venhill Quick Action Throttle

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by StephenP, Mar 19, 2021.

1. StephenP

StephenP

Just fitting mine, no real issues I'm just curious on the cable routing.

Did anyone else take a different route with the handle bar end of the cables? Pictures would be great so I can get an idea on which way to route the cables.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

2. Robert

Robert

I’ve got one fitted to my 2015 STR and did change the routing with a shorter cable. Can get some pictures if it’s of use to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. StephenP

StephenP

Yes please, some pictures would be great thanks

4. Robert

Robert

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I’m away from the bike just now but have a few.

I didn’t go the same route and basically just skipped the cables going through the top steel wire guide.

As the cables exit the housing on the bottom of the new throttle they seemed just under too much upward angle for me to be happy.

So the slack in these just goes over the front of the clocks with a cable tie around the brake and clutch cable to keep it in some sort of guide.

Will get more photos over the weekend when I’m beside the bike.

5. StephenP

StephenP

Do you remember how you got the airbox back on?

Mine is tight, I've got under the throttle and air-intake, then looping round and in that side between the fork leg

Fits perfectly going that way, just having issues with getting the airbox down, guessing it's one of those annoying it'll only fit at the exact perfect angle

6. Robert

Robert

Yea. I actually tried the “build your own” kit from Venhill and got my cable lengths sorted but I wasn’t satisfied with the angle of the pull and return where it connected to the throttle bodies.

My attempt below. I didn’t try the air box here though.

[​IMG]

I ended up sending the cables I made and the oem one to Venhill and they made me one with the right angle. It’s perfect, copies the oem bends.

How does yours look ?