675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Upgrade armour?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Safety Equipment' started by Mikeylees, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Mikeylees

Mikeylees

Anyone have any recommendations for an armour upgrade in race leathers? I can't get on with the armour in my newest leathers and I'm not sure it's the best anyway. Anyone else swapped out the standard stuff for something better?
    Anyone used that d30 stuff?

2. 675KPW

675KPW

I picked up a bargain used Held suit last year, it came with SAS-TEC armour. The armour is green in colour, relatively flexible and seems to form to fit. I'm pretty sure you can buy SAS-TEC armour seperately.
    Not sure if its totally like the D30 stuff which I believe forms with your body heat to be more comfortable?

3. Mikeylees

Mikeylees

Aye I had a look at these after your suggestion. Looks similar and held stuff is highly regarded, I believe, so I'm of the notion that the armour they use will also be good.
    Aye d30 sounds a good idea but there are mixed verdicts on it. I might well try the sas stuff. And it's ce2 so makes upgrading more worthwhile I guess.
    Cheers!

4. SW73

SW73

I have used forcefield stuff both snowboarding and on the bike. Works well and wears well. It's also fairly reasonable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mikeylees

Mikeylees

Aye a lot of people rate forcefield. I've had one of their back protectors but found it a bit like wearing a plank against my back. But if the knee/arm/shoulder armour is comfortable I'd consider it.

6. I have a collection of knox armour that I use with the bike. The biggest part being an ageis back protector. I've tested it all and it all works really well and is much better fitting and comfortable than integrated armour.

7. Mikeylees

Mikeylees

Aye I do rate knox stuff, used a contour back pro for years and have recently got the track vest with chest and ageis back protectors on it.
    But I had a look on their site and aside the vests and things there wasn't a great amount of information or pricing. I still want it integrated mind....

8. 675KPW

675KPW

Sportsbikeshop website has the Held armour in SAS-TEC and D30, if that takes your fancy.

For road I use a Knox Aegis back protector and chest protector, under a Dainese Laguna Seca two piece. I don't find the Knox uncomfortable but I do know its there... if you know what I mean.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mikeylees

Mikeylees

Went with the sas tech from sportsbike shop. Much comfier plus flexible when moving. And ce2 so better than what was originally in. Thanks very much for the suggestion!

• Like Like x 1
  10. D41

D41

I went with the Icon vest. It's not the best by any stretch, but it's also the least restrictive (for me)....so less protection in a crash, more body movement to hopefully prevent a crash in the first place.

The other Dianese thing I had simply wouldn't fit correctly inside my suit, so probably a good idea to try & buy both at the same time.

Otherwise it'd be like buying gloves, but separately (silly).