675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Tune ECU Fuel Maps?

Discussion in 'General' started by JuicyJoe, Apr 9, 2021.

1. JuicyJoe

JuicyJoe

Hey, I've got a 2009 D675 and the previous owner put on a K&N air filter and a Two Brothers slip on exhaust so I figure its running a little lean and want to get it tuned properly to avoid engine damage. Now I know that this can be done fairly easily by saving the stock map (just in case) and uploading a new map on TuneECU, but all of the forum posts I find are 10+ years old and none of the links work.

Is there another way to obtain a proper fuel map or does anyone have a link that I haven't come across that has the downloads available, or am I better off just taking it to a dyno and having them tune it?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. StephenP

StephenP

Will always get the best result taking it to a dyno as each bike is slightly different

Just make sure you don't plan anymore mods like cutting out the cat ect as if you dyno it now you'll wanna dyno it again after such things

Mine needs another dyno as I've now had the exhaust turned into a straight through

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  3. Frogcake

Frogcake Moderator Staff Member

Just adding a slip on and air filter is not going to make that much of a difference that it will damage your engine, but yes you will always be better off taking it to someone who can create a custom map for your bike.

4. You could try the Triumph map for Arrow or aftermarket silencer available to download here
    Triumph OEM tune list 3&4 cyl (tuneecu.net)
    But like others have said the ECU will adapt the fuelling no problem with just a slip on and filter but the best results will be from a custom dyno tune, either with Tuneecu or a Power Commander.

5. JuicyJoe

JuicyJoe

This is a late reply, but thanks for all the help! I'll probably get it tuned this summer to get some more power out of it but it's not a priority now.