675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

The Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TripleJimmy, Jan 25, 2012.

1. gary1966

gary1966

30 miles cycling in 40 mph wind that was hard 15.4 mph average

• Like Like x 1
  2. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

8.67 very hilly miles on the Long Mynd. I was doing OK until the last monster hill, it's damn steep, most around 25%, 35% in places, when the wheels fell off. Had to run/walk, more walk than run TBH, so overall pace slowed to 11.58/mile.

3. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Nothing unusual, just the regular gym/chasing after the kids...

Thought I'd share that my "misfit" fitness tracker (they log movement running/cycling/cross-trainer) has logged 300miles today since getting it set up on the 6th Jan. That's over 140 miles in January and 161 miles already this month.

Thought it was a dud present tbh, but I'm a stubborn git and like to beat a target, so it means I'm been in the gym roughly 6 days a week, rather than "can't be bothered" syndrome setting in... and have lost over 2.5kgs in that time and toned up too, so see if I can get it further down still.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  4. emma-lou

emma-lou

Ah, thanks ff that's what it's called, i seem to have contracted a heavy dose of 'can't be f arsed syndrome' over the last 3 weeks. I'll get the fit-bit then I'm on it Monday!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. emma-lou

emma-lou

Monday, first day of hols, 10 mile hike coastal path, less than 4 hrs. Plus pint lager, (rude to say no)! Right I'm bushed, so that's me done for the week.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Well, thanks to the Jedi-level persuasive powers of this misfit fitness app, booking a beach holiday for June and "new" Öhlins 95nm rear spring for my shock (thanks @midgey46) and ktech springs for my forks (thanks @0S2), both being fitted next month, I've been following a gym/healthy eating totalitarian regime...

I've managed 29days straight daily 1hr+ gym/"puddle of sweat"️ attendance as of yesterday (as per @Red675 calculations, that's over 2 days of my life...) and 3months diligent attendance otherwise, apart from a couple of 2-day trips away - at least I can watch YouTube Trackday/racing videos whilst on the exercise bike.

Got on the scales this morning and saw 79.5kgs - I was up from about 82.5kgs to 85.5kgs after quite a "commited" Christmas campaign...️ whilst not a strict believer of BMI (it doesn't account for increased muscle mass after all...), I'm technically at a healthy weight again (178.5cm tall), so pretty chuffed and the wife seems to like it too!

Back to the gym at lunchtime for consecutive day 30 and try to keep off all the yummy foods/booze I've somehow (mostly) kept clear of...

ImageUploadedBy675cc1458113500.306604.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Red675

Red675

Nice one mate u must be chuffed with that

• Like Like x 1
  8. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Yeah, feel great - just wish I could loose 10years and relive my 20's as easily!️ Going to see "Reef" next week with my best mate - that should knock off about 20yrs and make me feel like I'm 16 again and trying to get into nightclubs and bars!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Edski675

Haven't had the time.. too busy. As soon as nice weather comes, it's always a tough call - bike or run. Bike won:)

10. Gym yesterday, has been a couple of weeks and was getting rather fed up with the stupid cough I have had for months now.

10 mins on the treadmill then three mins on the bike before I noticed that the Deadlifting area was free.

So did some deadlifting
    not as good as some of the guys on here but did a personal best of 120kgs

8x80kgs
    8x90kgs
    8x110kgs
    5x120kgs

I love deadlifting :)

11. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Since starting a new regime with the misfit I had for Christmas, I've now covered over 500 miles since jan 7th and am now onto day 33 straight of 1hr daily gym sessions...

I'm having lots of beers and chips at the rugby this afternoon though!!

ImageUploadedBy675cc1458387952.173330.jpg

12. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

I set a goal for this year to lift twice my body weight. Last night I felt pretty good so hopped on the scale in the gym. Doubled up and rounded to the nearest Kg I could make up on the bar. Let's just say, still a bit to go for me. I got it off the ground so was actually pretty pleased with that. Not a million miles away. Another month or 2 and I think I will have it :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Edski675

Haven't run for ages, busy with other stuff, but bashed out 10 miles in slightly under 2 hours today, around Nesscliffe. Nice run:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

Nice one Ed.

I am feeling pretty pleased with myself tonight. I got my dead lift goal and successfully lifted twice my body weight :) plus a tiny bit as I couldn't get an exact double.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Finished March on 260.5 miles run/x-fit/cycled clocked for the month, am on day 45 (46 today) of continually hitting my misfit dominatrix daily exercise points target and am now down to 79.0kgs from over 85.5kgs after Christmas.

ImageUploadedBy675cc1459492674.834977.jpg

Bike gets taxed today and it's getting sunnier, so can't see this regime being maintained through the summer any where near quite as rigorously!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Edski675

6 mile plod round Nesscliffe last night - 1h 07m, av pace 11.11/mile. It's a great circuit:D

17. emma-lou

emma-lou

Thought I'd gone off the boil a bit, but tonight 3 miles 27 mins. Happy with that for now, but wonder if I can do that tomorrow!? Never begins it, never, but once engaged never surrenders...I said don't tread on me etc.

18. D41

D41

I don't get the weightlift thing....you pick it up, then you put it right back where it was to begin with??? Why not just leave it there and have a ciggy instead??

FWIW....I can lift and carry 3x my body weight....or I could, it's been a while, and last time I tried it I could feel my super-duper steel hip flexing as bit, which was a bit unnerving.
    But...you do that stuff every day for nearly 30 years and you don't really think about it....technique is absolutely everything.

19. Bigmac

Bigmac

Of course you could

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. 23Dark

23Dark

The ONS said the average man in England was 5ft 9in (175.3cm) tall and weighed 13.16 stone (83.6kg). The average woman in England weighed 11 stone (70.2kg) and was 5ft 3in tall (161.6cm).13 I know you're in USA but previously UK so if you don't mind me fudging the facts a smidgen.

Just so ive got a visual image. You can lift and carry 249kg - or fully fuelled Thruxton / bmw gs.

You're a bloody strong ex carpet fitter / rock star / gigalo / private security contractor....im not totally up to speed it's tricky to keep up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1