675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

swap s1000rr for 675

Discussion in 'Wanted & Swaps' started by petekeys, Feb 19, 2012.

1. petekeys

petekeys

Hi

My s1000rr is 2years old with just under 9,000 miles on it. Its the sport version with quick shift, ABS and traction control. BMW motorsport colours red/white/blue. Wheels are motorsport blue. Newish chain & tyres. Condition: perfect.

I would be interested in swaping for a 675, but it must be low mileage ie <8,000m. I live in Whitchurch, Hampshire UK RG28

reason for wanting to change is that I am 65kg/10st and just don't get on with the suspension. Just tried this years s100rr .. it is a bit better in terms of suspension matching my weight... but still not great. Been thinking of downsizing for a while so thought I'd post one here.

Anyone interested drop me an email at pete@pipandpete.com

2. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

C O N T R O V E R S I A L hehe........

Puts tin hat on and awaits the onslought from both sides hehe GLWS

(Good to have u along mate, pop a hello in the intro section!)

3. I'm waiting for the shit storm to explode. Welcome in dude I've been where you are now and went back to a Daytona best move I made for me as an individual not knocking the s1000rr as a machine though..

4. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I don't know if you're aware dude, but you're not the first member on here to believe that the D675 is preferable to the S1000rr that they owned. ;)

Welcome along mate, and good luck with finding a nice Daytona. We'll look forward to hearing about your new bike when you get her, and if you have any questions I'm sure we'll be pleased to advise where we can..

Edited:

:oops: Gank is a far quicker typist (as well??) than me..!

5. hamster86

hamster86

I want a s1000. Few miles over that tho. Bugger :sad:

6. Mr2oons

Mr2oons

Makes you think though don't it. :D

Mines got 15K though....Good luck though Pete.

7. I think you are doing the right thing! I've gone from a 675 to a 1000 and back to a 675. It's a move you won't regret. Hope it works out for you geez!

8. D41

D41

Coincidentally enough, I've just got back from a ride...a couple of inexperienced lads asked halfway through if they could tag along....one guy had a brand-new S1000RR and said the same thing about the suspension compared to his old 600....he was a light-weight too.

9. Why is every leaving S1000's?

They are VERY good bikes...

10. Not a Daytona though is it? ;-)

11. Fair point. Haha.

12. Surely it's cheaper to go to k tech and get the suspension sorted ?

Is it a straight swap ?

My white se2 has 7775 miles on it

13. Must admit I found the 675 more firmly sprung than the S1000. Over usual routes I ride, I find the S1000 to be a better ride. Yes both are very firm, but then they are sports bikes, but that is the compromise of having a sports bike on our roads. Agree with above post, if that's the only reason for changing then a few quid at a decent suspension tuners would save the depreciation.

14. Still keeping mine it's a good bike

Everything is good on it :)

15. Ok dude going to post some further information for you here some of which you will like some you won't so right now Triumph are doing over £1124 worth of free accessories with a Brand New Daytona and they are listed at £7500 at the moment...

But here comes the bad news when I switched back from my S1000RR to a Daytona I had paid £9230 for the S1 just two weeks prior and it was a 2010 plate with 5k on the clock and I rang round pretty much every Triumph Dealer I could think of trying to see what they would give me on a trade in and nobody wanted to pay more than 7k for it there and then. Even got offered 6k for it! Now fortunately for me the Dealership I originally bought the bike from finally came back and gave me 8k for it and it got shipped off to Holland to be sold out there. I spoke to every dealership I could think of and even BMW wouldn't touch it with a bargepole because they have pre-registered some 2000 or so bikes to shift before the new model comes in this year which makes the used value of a S1000RR depreciate like a stone. The problem comes in because nobody buys used S1000's they all buy brand new and so as a result when the dealers do get a used one in it sits there for months on end before it can be sold. My advice to you would be to sell yours privately as a dealer is only going to pull your pants down over the price of it.

16. Even the Aids I hear :?

17. I like the aids I wear arm bands and have stabilisers fitted

18. Cost of the bike and trade in prices are different with each dealer

I got my 2011 Daytona had it 6 months cost me 7500 and got 5200 trade it now that's rubbish.

But each to their own my s1000RR suits me. I have played with the suspension and feels fine to me and I am on track in two weeks so will see. Last time the bike was only 2 weeks old and my first time on track I left the other fast bikes ( obviously the race abs, traction control) helped

Daytona is the best in its class but wait till the new shape comes out.

19. To be fair though Dave you lost 20% in VAT straight away we all do when buying a brand new bike so if you say the bike is worth just over 6k brand new so you lost 800 in 6 months isn't too bad however I lost 1200 notes in two weeks :lol: on the S1.

That being said if you're happy with the S1 and going to stick with it then you've got nothing to worry about the only time to worry comes when you want to sell it...

20. Vats a big killer in buying new

Call me an idiot but say Gank buys a brand new S1000rr from a dealers, trades it in a month later and I go in and buy it. Do I pay VAT on it again ?