675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Suspension set up

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Nigel G, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Nigel G

Nigel G

Hi all, I’ve recently bought an 06 Daytona and taken it on a couple of trackdays so far.

The first thing I plan to do (other than getting track fairing, wets on wheels…) is to sort the suspension. My question is, what do you recommend doing with the suspension - front and rear? It’s all standard and I’ll be using it for trackdays - no racing.

My initial thoughts are to get the front set up properly with new oil and possibly uprated springs (I’m around 90kgs with race gear on) and perhaps an after market shock for the rear. Not sure what can be done with the standard shock.

Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Imho at 20k miles, the suspension will probably be very ready for some attention if it hasn't already.
    The rear shock can be stripped & re-worked, however an uprated option from Ohlins or Nitron etc.. is the popular approach.
    The front is pretty basic on the '06. New oil (and seals, because they're going to fail soon anyway) is a must. May as well hand them over to one of the suspension companies if you're investing in new springs anyway, get it all done at once.?
    Fwiw my l/h seal blew at Cadwell (top of the mountain) at 25k miles on my '06,,,, believe me it will save you some new underwear (and probably some lowside repairs) to get the new seals in first.
    Hth.

3. Nigel G

Nigel G

Thanks mate, my thoughts too. Any recommendations on suspension companies? I’ve used Brook before and heard good things about Reactive suspension too.

4. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Not me personally I'm afraid ( part of my enjoyment of my bike is maintaining it myself, and learning from my mistakes).
    Hopefully there will be others better placed to recommend for you.

5. cpatel89

cpatel89

I used k tech to rebuild my forks.

I would off loved to learn and do it myself but at the time I couldn’t afford to buy all the tools etc

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frogcake

Frogcake Moderator Staff Member

I sent my forks off to MCT. If you give them a call they will be able to suggest what work should be done for your usage.

7. Try Stef at Tyres4Bikes in Lincolnshire

• Like Like x 1