675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Street triple engine in Daytona

Discussion in 'General' started by Anthony Magee, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Anthony Magee

Anthony Magee

My 2007 engine gave up last week. Can a street triple engine be fitted in a Daytona and if so what are the different characteristics of it.

2. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

Physically it will fit but the triple engine isn't designed to rev as high. If I remember correctly the cams are different, and the piston's are cast, not forged. I think you can convert a street engine into a Daytona one but I am not if it is a worth while prospect.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Anthony Magee

Anthony Magee

4. D41

D41

You're going to spend a decent amount of time & probably money, and at the very best you're going to get a fairly disappointing end result.

I'd look around and/or wait until a motor from a Daytona shows up on eBay, or a breaker's yard.

5. I recently had this with my 2010 Daytona. I looked into, ST engines, 2013 onwards engines and the correct one. The loose engines thats have low miles on them tend to be silly money. I ended up getting mine fully rebuilt for peace of mind.