675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

SR45 to PBM Be Wiser Ducati 2019

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Red675, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Red675

Red675

Scott Redding will make the move to the Bennetts British Superbike championship in 2019 having signed a deal with the Be Wiser Ducati team.

Rumours of a Redding/PBM link-up have been circulating since the start of summer, but the Grand Prix winner didn’t meet the Cumbrian until the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, where a deal began to look more likely.

Redding was ousted from the Aprilia MotoGP team after five seasons in the premier class, and after being unable to secure a top Moto2 seat or proven winning World Superbike seat, the 25-year-old has opted to head to BSB to in an effort to kickstart another chapter of his career.

“Obviously my first goal was to try and stay in MotoGP, which turned out not to be possible. We then looked at Moto2 but this was also difficult,” Redding told MCN in an exclusive first interview.

“When the offer came in from PBM it was quite interesting to me. It took me a lot of time to think about it, trying to understand what direction I need my career to go in and the best move I could make for the future.

“I spoke properly for the first time with Paul about this at Silverstone, where he told me that he wanted me because he wants to win. It was those words that made me realise just how serious he was. The reason I go racing is because I want to win, and to hear that from a team boss is music to my ears. He said it with such a straight face, I could tell he was being deadly serious and that I’d get the best package possible to win in BSB from him. They’ve won six titles in BSB, they don’t mess about.”

Redding had initially dismissed a move to BSB as he was concerned about the safety levels of some of the British tracks, but he says he has since taken a closer look at this.

“I’m not going to lie, when BSB was first mentioned I was worried about safety. It played on my mind a lot, but at the end of the day I thought fuck it, the other guys do it so it can’t be that bad. I’ve never really raced in the UK, I’m looking at it from the outside and maybe that’s not the best way to look at it. Some places like Cadwell might be an eye opener for me, but that for me is actually something I’m looking forward to. It’s a new bike, new tyres, and a load of new circuits which are completely different. It’s a challenge, but I thrive on a challenge. I want to go there and show what I can do.”

Personally made up he didnt go to Moto America (as was touted), or even WSB. Be very interesting to see how someone whos spent so much time in the GP paddock adapts to BSB.
    Any early predictions? :D

2. martin675

martin675

I think it will be a shock! I cant see him being on the pace in his first season

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. T_daytona675

T_daytona675

Think he will go well

4. Red675

Red675

He’ll certainly have his hands full learning some of those pokey little circuits (and bumps)!

5. Brand new unproven bike with limited electronics, new tyres, very different circuits and loads of riders eager to prove a point against a "Premier class rider".
    Its going to be interesting:confused:, Birdy doesn't strike me as the easiest boss to work for when your not winning, Shakey says as much every week in commentary.
    With the three top riders gone for next year though, Dixon, Haslem and i assume Byrne, its probably a good year to join the series.
    Are they sticking with A Irwin as the second rider?

6. JohnnyPS4

JohnnyPS4

Intelligent move imo, hope he does well, will get a good idea of his real speed at donington (2 rounds this year if memory serves me correctly?) and silverstone. I think not only is he in one of if not the best team in the paddock but I’m guessing he’ll also be in a strong position to cover any Ducati moto gp teams injury call ups, might be an added bonus

7. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

I wonder which Irwin will be out. I don't think Andy has done all that bad all things considered.

8. bladebiker

bladebiker

Presumably he will also bring a lot of cash with him via his personal sponsorship deals .

9. Glen is off to JG Speedfit Kawasaki to replace Haslam.

10. T_daytona675

T_daytona675

Think iddon will be out at Tyco missing out on the show down past 3 seasons

11. He seems to be getting better results since he's been riding with a broken collarbone:confused:
    BMW's have never done that well in BSB, but at least he's beaten his team mate.

12. T_daytona675

T_daytona675

Can see him may be going to tag Yamaha or RAF Kawasaki

13. JohnnyPS4

JohnnyPS4

Can see him going to tag, rode for them in super sport few years back from memory?
    Anyone know what’s happening with tom sykes? thought I heard someone say he was on his way back to BSB, could have been niall mackenzie when they spoke to him, I’d have thought he’d be ideal for one of the Kawasaki teams

14. T_daytona675

T_daytona675

He's taking haslams place at JG speedfit

15. JohnnyPS4

JohnnyPS4

Ah did hear that correctly then, so Luke Mossey is out?

16. Red675

Red675

Anyone else see 99's dewcatee seize up on him this morning? :eek:

17. Red675

Red675

18. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

Ok Josh Brooks to Bewiser. Never saw that coming.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JohnnyPS4

JohnnyPS4

I'd heard rumors but doubted them tbh, has Brooks ever ridden a Ducati before? always associated him with yamaha/suzuki etc

20. Red675

Red675

wildcards in supersport (assume he was riding the 749) in 2006
    and yes i did have to look that up :D