675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Show us your time indication instruments then? (Watches)!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Safety Equipment' started by Phill748, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Phill748

Phill748

Right.... I'll start it

Breitling Avenger SeaWolf

[​IMG]

I wear an Apple Watch for my 'daily' though having worn my Breitling most days for the last 3 years!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Naviforce...£11.16
    1482354818476.jpg

I love watches, I have loads but struggle to justify expensive pieces as I lose or break them regularly.

3. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Got a few, including a £100 Sekonda I had for my 18th, a £10 classic 80'sCasio i bought for 3rd world fieldwork (think checkpoints...) but my usual piece is my Tag Heuer Aquaracer Automatic that was my wedding present from my wife. It's been down >500m on four continents (in mines), deep in jungles, on volcanoes, on glaciers, mountains and cliff faces, as well as in numerous rivers, lakes, seas and biking adventures, hence a number of battle scars...

[​IMG]

Getting a Tom Tom fitness watch from the Fat man in a few days according to my 6yr old who can't keep mum, so it may be semi-retired if the fitness thing takes over again!

Fwiw - the Casio is the most accurate time piece (assume it's due to the "automatic" nature of the Sekonda and Tag)

• Like Like x 4
  4. cpszx

cpszx

i've got a few different things, but will start off with this IMG_3258.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. Phill748

Phill748

Navitimer! That's quite the entry into this show and tell!

I desperately want a Bremont, they are just so nice!! Specifically a Bremont Jaguar

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bigmac

Bigmac

Anyone want to sell a watch and pay for my years tyre allowance instead

7. Bigmac, I'm always happy to support, I reckon I might get £4 at a push for my Naviforce secondhand...

8. Bigmac

Bigmac

9. Red675

Red675

Vr46 watch modded by my own fair hand with additional paint flecks.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Red675

Red675

11. martin675

martin675

Ill take it....... ill defiantly take it

12. Currently away with work and these are my trusty watches that have joined me.
    I do have some 'nice' watches including a Bremont but the plan is to sell them in the future when I need some funds as they are military editions.

20161222_135210_resized.jpg

13. cpszx

cpszx

i really like that watch, i used to wear it a lot. it is very convincing to the casual glance :)
    it took a high street jeweller a good 10 minutes to finally decide it was fake when i went in to ask them about it, for a laugh

had to haggle many Hong Kong Dollar at Mong Kok market for that one.
    managed to bundle it with this one at the same time though, which is also pretty good

might be able to get a couple of tyre valves for you if i sell them Bigmac :D
    r.jpg

they are nice, have looked at one of those a few times now. i prefer a bit of symmetry with the complications though, else my OCD kicks in and i get annoyed with it :mad:
    this is the Bremont i was looking at
    b.jpg

14. Phill748

Phill748

But it's Gold? That's a no from me!

15. Got a suunto core all black for me. Have used them since was deployed won't turn back :)

16. towser

towser

Oh dear my list is quite long! Prize if anyone knows what this is! IMG_0344.JPG
    Or maybe no prize!

17. martin675

martin675

Sounds like it needs a service

18. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Pocket watches pretty much died out around WW1, when wristwatches were adopted...

I stopped wearing a wristwatch a few years ago, when taking a mobile phone everywhere all the time became necessary.: As the phone displays the time/date I felt that my watch became superfluous.

But, to be fair, before that I'd never really been into a "symbol watch" anyway. However my baby Brother is, as I remember buying him an Omega Seamaster for his 21st..

Anyway, to continue the thread, and continue the theme as intended, the watch I wore for a few years up until my "pocketphone" was;

[​IMG]

Seiko Kinetic, made from Titanium

• Like Like x 1
  19. cpszx

cpszx

the styling and colours immediately said Richard Mille to me, and it looks like it may have an R as well as M shown at the top? although that may be a red herring :)
    i certainly haven't seen one on my watch browsing travels before

edit: found it now, BRM.
    The "weight saving" drill detail gave me some idea on what to look for, and other views, as i had seen similar on other watches from there. but not for a while.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  20. towser

towser

Too easy obviously! I'd love a Richard Mille but they really are silly money! Id need to sell several,watches and I still wouldn't make it!