675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Rev counter problems

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Nik, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Nik

Nik

Hi folks,finally got my Daytona/765RS project race bike started today and the rev counter worked for a second or two and then no more.Does anyone know if the rev counter is linked to the crank position sensor??I am asking this as I accidentally cut the wires for this when installing a race generator and as a result had to do some amateur soldering of wires,could this be cause??
    Look forward to hearing from someone who understands electrickery better than myself.

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I don't know, however fwiw when my CPS failed I do not recall any issues with the rev counter.

3. Nik

Nik

Ok,thanks for that mate.

4. SW73

SW73

When my CPS failed the rev counter was one of the few things that did work!

5. Nik

Nik

Definitely not the CPS then.Cheers for that mate.Actually nothing is being registered on the clocks at all.Gear position/rpm/temperature/mph.
    The bike starts and runs(finally).I am using an SCS Delta 400 ECU that I thought was plug and play but seeing as nothing is registering I guess I need to plug it into my laptop and switch various functions on.
    I tried another set of clocks yesterday and it made no difference.
    Not that at home with the modern digital world but I will have to bite the bullet and give it a try.