675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Recommendations for a camera

Discussion in 'Clothing & Safety Equipment' started by Richard Harris, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Richard Harris

Richard Harris

Hi all;

Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations on a camera I could mount to either my helmet or bike to record my trips. I'd mainly use it as a 'dash cam' to record any incidents, but also to document my trips.

I've been looking at the cheapy GoPro Hero, which is no longer produced, but have found one on eBay for a reasonable price (£90). I'd preferably like the camera to do 60fps, which the cheapy GoPro does albeit at 720p.

Do any of you guys have a helmet cam? If so what do you use and what are your thoughts?

Many thanks!

2. kwacky

kwacky

3. I use the drift stealth two for helmet. Sleek profile, small and good footage. Can't quite remember FPS capability but low light is good, controlled using remote or phone app. Negative is no external mic capability yet but has a inbuilt mic and if you put sound capture to minimum with a mic foam over the sound capture isn't too bad (i.e wind noise isn't too excessive) or you can turn it off completely to add your own audio post. Mounting is easy with multiple incremental adjustments with the lense able to rotate summint like 320 deg's so you can't really get mounting wrong. I also use a GoPro hero 3+ black to mount to the bike.

4. Richard Harris

Richard Harris

Thanks both for your replies. I'll investigate some more.

5. Crispy

Crispy

I might be selling my GoPro Hero 4 Black very soon

6. stevemoir

stevemoir

Go pro hero + LCD is a good unit and 1080p

Steve