675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Radiator Protectors

Discussion in 'Protection' started by 23Dark, Jun 25, 2013.

1. 23Dark

23Dark

Anyone know any good brands? That are easy to fit.

I've seen beowulf

just wondering what others are out there that people have on theirs and how easy to attach.

I'm thinking anodised red but Beowulf only have gold.

2. Alf675

Alf675

I've got a r&g one, no idea how easy it was to fit as the dealer done it. It's black but nothing a rattle can wont sort if you want red!

3. midgey46

midgey46

Got an evotech one, can't fault it! And was easy enough to fit with a bit if gentle persuasion!!

Good quality just like their tail tidies, would recommend it :)

4. midgey46

midgey46

Oh and the evotech is black also.. Looks nice and subtle though, can always spray as said above!

5. midgey46

midgey46

Only photo I have of any of it!

Excuse the Titanium showing off :lol:

Attached Files:

6. Cox racing do a nice red one, very easy to fit and much lighter than the evotech that I had previously.

7. I've just ordered this on can't wait.

Attached Files:

8. 23Dark

23Dark

Ah ha...that was the other one. It was in my misty memory. I should have known if it was bling.....Gerry!

Cheers for all your help fellahs. My suzuki radiator looks a bit pitted so want to tidy it up and protect it. For the dark its to keep it looking good but also to stop an expensive radiator.

So far looks like cox. Plus I like easy.

9. Stu675

Stu675

As an aside. I jetwashed my radiator at the weekend , the bike is now running much cooler now all the mud has been washed away. My radiator guard looks like midge ´s but it obviously doesn't protect against mud.

10. just pressed the buy button on a cox rad from UK Race support. Couldn't really find anywhere else selling it.

11. can any of the branded rad guards be fitted without removing the fairings

12. Has anyone made their own? Could be done a lot cheaper with a bit of pre-painted ally mesh. Ok won't look as good but will serve the purpose.

13. I bought mine from the USA via "riders discount"

I'm pretty sure you need to take the fairings off to fit all rad guards.
    It's a pretty simple job on the Daytona

14. When I did the gb racing crash kit I managed to remove right fairing but not the left all the cabling by the instrument cluster stopped me. Didn't want to force anything

15. I second the evo tech.

16. The Beowulf one I bought from olukeo as a temp measure to make sure my rad got to the iom and bk fits on with the fairings in place, literally a 5minute job. It's chrome and is forsale now for £20 delivered as I'm ordering the cox racing one in titanium.
    I was told when I was looking the R&G guard requires both fairings to be removed to fit.
    Pretty sure the cox racing ones can be fitted with the fairings still on

17. 23Dark

23Dark

Nice to know lenny. But want red for my dark. Silver or gold for my gixxer k1. But yours wont fit.

18. Bigmac

Bigmac

I want a gold one but waiting for funds to build up

19. mesh bought from wickes.... enough to do 2 - 3 rads. £3.99 plus a few cable ties to fit it
    bargain. any colour you can spray it..... already done the s1000rr so fitting it tomorrow to the 675.

20. Any pics of your BISPOKE ( god i hate that word ) rad cover dude!?