675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

QA Throttle Issues

Discussion in 'Other' started by Simmo, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Simmo

Simmo

Hi all
    Hoping that your combined knowledge can help me out after i recently fitted a QA throttle.

As many others i have read on here i had a struggle getting the new cables to fit (sheaths aren't quite long enough to make it easy) that said i managed to get them on with just enough free play, about 1mm but thats fine.

Since starting the bike back up it is coughing and spluttering, not sounding healthy at all. It also dies whenever it returns to idle.

I'm thinking one of four things happening here, or something else i haven't considered?

1. I'm maybe a total idiot and havn't connected something back up that i have disconnected. I have triple checked but could be being blind.

2. The throttle cables are still too tight that it is causing an issue in the carbs? can't imagine what?

3. I did kick in the starter motor with the tank off to reduce the fuel rail pressure (as advised in Haynes) could i have introduced air into the fuel system?

4. Because i have been opening and closing the throttle a lot is it possible to have flooded the engine? Not sure this is still possible these days?

Please help me avoid the shame of taking it into the garage now with my head in my hands.

2. Frogcake

Frogcake Moderator Staff Member

Is the MAP sensor hose attached to the airbox?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Simmo

Simmo

I believe so but will double check the connection.

4. Simmo

Simmo

Yes - connection is absolutely fine.

5. Simmo

Simmo

Frog cake you’re a star! I’ve just reread your comment, I only checked the plug but forgot the hose underneath. Really appreciate your help

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc

6. Frogcake

Frogcake Moderator Staff Member

It's an easy one to miss!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Robert

Robert

Which QA did you go for? I tried the Speed Triple tube but found it just a bit tight for the return, didn't snap as well as id like, ended up getting Venhill to make me a cable and its perfect!

8. Simmo

Simmo

Yes the Venhill AS3’s, they were tight but just about workable. Went out today and they feel great. Domino throttle on the bars with the progressive cam feels good too, no more having to regrip to open it up fully going to make a big difference on track

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc