675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Photochromic Pinlock inserts.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Safety Equipment' started by Min, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Min

Min

For those of you that have heard me whitter on about these in the past and sing their virtues (although I understand its a bit of a "Marmite" thing) I appologise but having decided to treat myself to a new one as there are a large number of "swirls" on my existing one thanks to me using assorted gloved fingers, gritty snotrags pulled out of jacket pockets etc to wipe the inside of my visor, also the silicon strip becoming detached and allowing the "Non Fog" insert to actually "Fog" after a couple of trustworthy faultless years. I found a place on the dreaded ebay last week that was offering them for what seemed a ridiculously low price £9.98 inc (compared to what iv'e paid in the past..... and free postage!!!) -so I ordered one :D It arrived promptly and all I can say is perfect!!! Pinlock photochromic, Arai SAI insert just what it says on the tin as they say! (Loads of others for other makes of lid too!) So if you are considering giving one a bash for the up and coming sunshine :roll: , I reccommend at these prices and quick service, and these guys as a supplier.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bargainbikerbrands

And the insert for my lid

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321096687186

Billy Bargains!!!

Sorry iv'e not been around a lot just lately but im still actively lurking and keeping my eyes on things, Family issues are playing a very large and unwelcome part in my life at the moment, and to be honest dropping in on here and having a shufty around is a break from the heartache that is my norm at the moment. Wishing everybody a great up coming spring and thanks for unknowingly making a fellow member smile and actually feel a part of something! :up:

2. triumph1985

triumph1985

Iv just bought one for my shoei. Cost me 49quid!! Typical.

3. Min

Min

Well at the price I payed I'm thinking of getting another for the bottom drawer. Seem to remember my last one being the thick end of £40 two or so years back and it was exactly the same one as I got this time.

4. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Really good to hear from you Min.
    I was sorry to learn you were yet another 675.cc member to have suffered from 2013.

Hopefully these cracking priced pinlocks are a precursor to the improved fortune for all of us, that 2014 will be bringing.

5. polpalm

polpalm

Thanks for the heads up Min. I fancy one of these for my Nexx but a quick look didn't find me one. I think I might give them a shout though and see what they might be able to do.

Im sorry to hear about the problems you're dealing with. I feel for you mate and here's hoping that 2014 brings better.

I'm with you on your comments about what this place provides and long may it continue.