675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

No Limits Racing - MSVR (aka track Day Trophy)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by TripleJimmy, Nov 23, 2012.

1. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

I thought this would be usefull information for those peeps looking to do this next year like me. No Limits now have dates up for the 5 rounds of the championship next year and dates for there ACU license day (I will be doing mine at Brands in feb....Brrrr).

Race Dates:

29th March Snetterton 300
    18th May Oulton Park
    29th June Donington Park GP
    17th August Cadwell Park
    14th September Brands Indy

ACU Test and Training will be available on the following dates:

Cadwell 17th February
    Mallory 18th February
    Oulton 23rd February
    Brands Hatch 23rd February
    Snetterton 24th February
    Brands Hatch 1st March

I have only done TD's at 2 of the tracks (Snett and Cadwell) so it could be very interesting, me thinks I will be taking up the TD before hand route.

Oh and they are not doing rolling starts in the individual races like this years TDT they are doing proper grid style start (gulp) :? :D

No limits racing info sheet:

No Limits membership form £30 for the year (you need this so you can enter the races):

Most important the entry form for the first round:

Technical Rules:

Attached Files:

2. Have they put up prices and classes yet

3. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

yes all the prices and class details are in the Info sheet attachment

4. Oh dear. You've done it now

5. Jimmy my other half is currently on her way to murder you as she has kissed her holidays goodbye for next year and the foreseeable future

6. Jimmy you doing the team endurance ?

7. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

:lol: :lol: opps, I think the missus has come to terms with the fact that there are no holidays next year. I have been prepping her since the start of this year by stratigically leaving the Fast bikes round reports open on the table :lol:

No mate, I am going for the newcomer 600 class...going solo well thats the plan anyway unless a multi million pound factory team offer comes in, and the need a tea boy.

Have you found your bike yet? check out Trackdayriders.co.uk there have been some sweet setups on there for sale. Like a Daytona fully sorted and WoW for £3.5k not sure what you want to spend but, just as an example. Also an R6 same as mine with loads of spares for £2k I nearly brought it for the spares and sell the bike on.....lets just say that one didn't fly :lol:

8. hamster86

hamster86

Have you got your licence yet jimmy. Plan on doing mine at cadwell early next year. Those dates ah love don't match any of msv or nl dates. I'll throw myself in the newcomer 1000 but doubt my rattly heap will do much good against newer machines

9. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

No licence yet Hamster planning on doing mine at Brands either the Feb or March date as thats the closest track to me.

10. Mitch636

Mitch636

Would like to give racing a go but will do another year of TD's with some decent suspension for my weight and see how I get on. Went go karting the other day with a bunch of mates and even racing them felt such a buzz, it's so competitive even on something I'm shit at!

11. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

Had a chat with my Ortho guy the other day and upshot is I'm out of the running for racing next year by the looks of it. Couple of reasons, firstly there's a very good chance my own hip will fail part way through the year, necessitating another replacement and subsequent 12 week recovery period, secondly financially I have to plan to be off work for 3 months at some point next year - that means no racing, maybe some trackdays but deffo no racing. Bit of a bummer but that's life. :(

Good luck everyone that takes part, hopefully I'll be able to attend most of the meetings as moral support/ pit help/ tea boy. Cheers, Dave G.

12. Dave that's a sad read mate :-(

Can u not wait till end of sept so we can get a few days in?

13. hamster86

hamster86

Dave that's not good at all. Best to get a couple of track days in then. How did you bust your hip in the first place?

14. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

Oh Dave sorry to hear that mate, not nice at all. Wishing you all the best for next year, lets hope that we have a good start to the year weather wise and bust a few TDs.

Mate i know for a fact that I will probably fighting for the bottom 10 :lol: but, I just want to have a go.

15. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

Dave - I'll still be getting some trackdays in hopefully next year, it's just down to when my left hip either collapses or becomes too painful to walk around on, last time round I was doing a box of paracetamol a day just to work, the quack told me off about that and said don't wait so long next time. At it's current rate of wear it might be mid summer, but it's more likely to be in about a years time, but I have to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Chris - Definitely doing some trackdays next year - especially as if and when the other hip gets done I'm off bikes for a long time and off trackdays for nearly a year. I didn't break my hip, the right one just wore out prematurely, I guess it's all to do with having a lightweight body and a full-on job and pastimes, 15 yrs of offshore yacht racing really didn't help tbh, and of course I had the right one replaced a few years back now, but because I'm a lot more mobile now that's accelerated the wear on the heavily worn left hip, that's the one that will need doing next year by the looks of it, on my last visit to the ortho he estimated the joint had degraded a further 75% from it's condition 4 yrs back, in other words the big end is shot and starting to rattle a bit under load. :lol:

Btw TJ sorry about the threadjack, and thanks for the best wishes peeps, Cheers, Dave G.

16. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

Sent off my membership form yesterday.....EXCITED!!!!

17. Popping in to their office on Saturday to sign up ;-)

18. Mitch636

Mitch636

Sorry to hear that Dave, hope you can fit in a few TD's in the new year at least.

I'll come to the Brands meet, I would offer to make tea/coffee but after my performance at Lydden I don't think I'd have many customers. :D

19. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

Got am email yesterday from Clare at NL, my membership form has been processed. Newcomer 600, whoop

Won't find out my number though untill they have processed all the people who requested numbers.

How did your visit go Farebro?