675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

More power......advice please

Discussion in 'General' started by nicmaverick, Jan 9, 2016.

1. The 13 engine doesn't respond to tuning very well at all, profile ran 2012 bikes last year to win the supersport championship for a reason & that wasn't to save money not buying the latest bikes.

2. gary1966

gary1966

But the year before didn't the 13 win the championship with Billy's McConnell on it??

• Like Like x 1
  3. W_esty

W_esty

Nick I was in a similar position early last year.

Tony's hybrid system is very good with the scorpion can.
    The Arrow full system is more peak power with the longer can against the higher mid range of the Scorpion, which T3 prefer to use.
    The Akra is again just more then the Scorpion.

On a 2013 onwards you have 2x fuel injectors which means you need an addition on the power commander to handle the twin injectors per cylinder.
    Bazzaz fuel control does this in one unit and it's cheaper.

I didn't want a peak remap on the bike I wanted more usability as now it's a road bike.
    Attached is the power curve - it isn't the last one as the low end negative troughs have been ironed out.
    ImageUploadedBy675cc1452419606.612219.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. nicmaverick

nicmaverick

Some great advice guys...thanks...I'm with you on the money front Gary.....I've no intention of selling my bike so can do it in stages....not being a racing snake....suspension would probably make a massive difference to me....I mainly ride on the roads and top end isn't my thing...is an arrow exhaust the best out there....?

5. Tbf worth keeping things in perspective a little bit, BSS bikes are pushing to try and get 145hp which would never be possible on a road bike. The OP is talking about a good usable improvement for the road which should be possible with the removal of the catalytic converter etc and a per cylinder map etc. I imagine a 5-7hp improvement all through the midrange would suit the OP perfectly

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes but it was expensive,
    40 engines & ££££££ spent just to get the engine giving what the previous generation made.
    Their also way less reliable tuned

7. volant

volant

I have to say I agree with what has been said, Damien's order works well.

Best bang per buck is getting the suspension you already have set up correctly. And if you want more midrange, gearing is quick and simple to do with great noticeable changes. Your newer bike already has different gearing though Nic, compared to the underseat exhaust models.

Then making the rider better!

Reckon I could shoe horn a 200bhp 1000cc into my Daytona and a lot of the guys and girls on here would show me up!

Having said the above, we're rarely rational about our bikes. But aside from freeing up the breathing I think you can throw a lot of money at 'more power' and the gains are subject to the law of diminishing returns...

Having had 1000cc bikes, I genuinely prefer the power of the 675, knowing I can use it! However we always want a little more, don't we!

8. gary1966

gary1966

That's where I am at I want reliability not that fussed with massive bhp gains, I have had lots of 600 cc road bikes and track bikes and this current 675 is bar far the best handling and fastest I have ridden.

9. G
    Good shout their me old chum, sorry for drifting off what op is actually looking for.
    They are a cracking road bike & I do want one myself

10. I confess though, having owned both generations I think the pre 2013 would be my fav for doing road tuning stuff on.

11. nicmaverick

nicmaverick

Thanks guys....think I'll do the suspension and slip on exhaust first and see how it goes....where's the best place to get the suspension set up....I'm in Hampshire...

12. gary1966

gary1966

The arrows slip on keeps the exup most of the others you lose it and without a servo buddy you will have the f1 light on the dash.

I had my suspension done at mct suspension at a cost of £500 this was a massive improvement, mine is the R model so not sure what improvements can be done on the standard suspension?

• Like Like x 1
  13. gary1966

gary1966

There's an arrows on eBay at the mo £375 buy it now

14. nicmaverick

nicmaverick

Tempting...just not sure they look that nice....

15. nicmaverick

nicmaverick

Scorpion looks better imho...

16. T_daytona675

T_daytona675

There are a lot of mods you can do to improve a lot of things and cheap.

Standard suspension is adjustable so for around £40/50 you can have it set up, learn to ride on a set up before you spend ££££ on replacing what you have.
    Not sure about the throttle on the 13 models but a quick action is another cheapish option and also as someone said earlier gearing is another cheap mod dropping -1 on front sprocket first see how that is and then change rear +1 or +2

All these are cheap mods and should improve the bike without breaking the bank, you get a lot of people throwing ££££ on engine rebuilds and suspension, I would say follow the list of cheap mods and get use to the bike and then work out where you want to put your money in to the bling

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rawhide

Rawhide

T3-racing.com do the scorpion for £249 and they also do a decat/ex-up removal plus custom mapping service for £405. May even get a discount on that too.
    A custom map won't affect reliability at all. Essentially it is just fuelling your engine for best efficiency and fuel burning which in turn means a better running engine with the added benefit of more power and better fuel consumption. Of course it can be mapped for real all out power for racing inc raising rev limit etc which is where unreliability creeps in but that will only be if that's what you ask for from the tuner.
    From what I've heard changing the head gasket to a thinner one is also a good way to add reliable power. Not sure on cost but don't think it's too much.

• Like Like x 1
  18. StMarks

StMarks PTG

:idea: As you pointed out that you don't fancy the look of the Arrow, then don't forget to look at the options from the lads at @TwoBrosRacingUK

19. nicmaverick

nicmaverick

Excellent advice there....thanks...will do exactly that..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shaun

Shaun

You don't need any more power for fast road rideing you need better control and that comes through spending money on your suspension,my mate has a 2011 fireblade 170 bhp and when we rode together on yorkshires twisty fast but bumpy roads he could get the better of me before i spent money on my suspension but since ive had the work done l have to ease off on straights to let him catch up and i am giving away 60 bhp to him,but if i am honest it was'nt the 60 bhp that was making the difference it was the fact the fireblade has better road suspension as standard,if you have any cash spare after having your suspension sorted then buy some helibars £250 these will make you ride faster for many more miles in the day.

• Like Like x 1