675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Mirrors

Discussion in 'How To's' started by Captain Steffydog, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Random!

I have two right side mirrors, one has a good stem, the other a good mirror.

Has anyone pulled them apart at the joint, the ball socket area?

I mean it must have been two parts at some stage?

Joint shown below:

IMG_3570.JPG

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I've just been studying one here, and fwiw I'm pretty convinced that it will not "pull apart".
    Imho (from looking at the structure), I suspect that the dome you're hoping to remove is fixed into that ball-joint from within the dome, then the mirror glass & trim is placed on the dome section covering the fixing & closing the dome in one.

I may be wrong though, I've never destroyed a 675 mirror yet so not had a peek inside one.

3. RICH675

RICH675

@Captain Steffydog I would suggest there maybe a rim around the edge of the glass. (to hold the glass in place)
    that clips to the mirror backing (larger black section) once the rim is removed, the glass will remove to expose a retaining nut or similar on the end of the mirror stalk.
    Remove the rim from the underside with a plastic spreader so as not to visibly mark.
    A suggestion only NOT a definitive answer.

4. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Ok, I might have a look at the worst one and give it a go, see how I feel hehe.

5. cpszx

cpszx

does it not twist undone?

6. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

I have no idea why I’m asking about this, I still have no strength in my right arm, so I doubt I can pull twist or do anything with it, doh!

Thanks for the replies though :)