675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Luggage

Discussion in 'Clothing & Safety Equipment' started by Ray675, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Ray675

Ray675

Not sure if posted in the right place but im off to Switzerland over the bank holiday and am after some luggage for the bike. 2014 STR

I don't really fancy a tank bag or anything in front of me.
    Can anybody offer any recommendations on experience of luggage for pillion seat etc and possible places to purchase in regards to price and customer experience

Be much appreciated
    Thanks

2. D282

D282

I didn't fancy a tank bag neither but someone reccomended that I get a small one for carrying things I'd want easy access to on the way. Things like passport, wallett, documents and phone etc. I got a small givi one and used it for just that. Once we made it to our destination it came off and stayed in the hotel. Was glad I took it in the end for the journey down as having to remove stuff from tail packs all the time would be a pain in the ass

3. Kriega is always a good bet. Not the cheapest but it's the best quality, waterproof and is all compatible with each other.

4. D282

D282

Other than that I have two kriega tailpacks.

5. Ray675

Ray675

Ok any specific size better suited
    10L 20L money isn't a problem
    And I like the sound of a. Small tank bag for passport etc makes perfect sense

6. Ray675

Ray675

Also am I right in thinking if you buy a 10 and a 20 for example they will strap together small on top of big and tie down together?

7. yes that's right. And if you get a rucksack at some you can strap a 10 or 20 to that.

8. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Kriega!

Here's a 20 with a 10 on top, 30 total, or you could have a 20 with a 10 on either side for 40, obviously.

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_11_jatypy8e.jpg

9. Ray675

Ray675

Thanks steffy
    How is that held on under the pillion seat?

10. Smat

Smat

They have loops that come with the packs, that you attach/thread round the subframe.....or lash together and fit the seat on top (not as secure but still good).

11. Captain Steffydog

Yep, I did have some pics, but can't lay my hands on them.

You basically put some straps around the subframe, cream colour, and have the hoops poking out from under the pillion seat, then you attach the bottom bag to that, and the top bag attaches to the bottom bag, like a tower.

I've zoomed the picture a bit for you, showing the cream straps.

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_11_juhatyqu.jpg

Just make sure you pull the retaining straps, black, really tight, you can rock the bike with them, it's that snug.

I also fold up a small piece of non slip matting up, and pop that under the bottom bag, the bags have a non slip base, but this makes it really firm.

Here a bag crushed/straps pulled tight. Practise with the bags stuffed with towels.

Here's just the US20
    aimg.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_11_mu6uby7u.jpg

My earlier picture is a US20, with a US10 on top. I've got:

US20
    US10 x2
    R25 ruck sack, it's all modular, so you can also stick a US10 to the R25 if you really needed it.

Tbh, the 40L is loads.

12. Captain Steffydog

13. SW73

SW73

Kriega all the way. The triumph sport panniers are hopeless (leak/flap about/zips break) kriega totally waterproof, stable and easy to use. I have a twenty and a thirty...which is loads of room for a fella for a fortnight. Modular though so take as little or as much as you like. I don't like a backpack or tank bag on tour...

Attached Files:

14. Jeaves

Jeaves

+1 on the Kriega R25 backpack. Have used it for a few years. Very waterproof and the straps don't restrict movement on the bike

15. I have a r25 and it's amazing, never leaked however the r30 is the only one that they guarantee to be waterproof as it has a roll top rather than zips. It's all awesome kit and as others have said it's all compatible.

16. Ray675

Ray675

Thanks for all your help guys much appreciated
    Have ordered a US30 and a US10 along with an R25 back pack for good measure. [WINKING FACE]

17. Captain Steffydog

Cool, did you order a US30 as a single bag, or a 20+10 kit?

18. Ray675

Ray675

Single.
    Was that a bad move?

19. Captain Steffydog

Nope horses for courses, I just like the flexibility of the 20, 10 and 10. Plenty on here have the 30, same as you. It's all good gear!

I've had mine a while, find I use it more and more, so easy to use and pop bits in for a day out. Or a camping trip, track day etc.

20. Ray675

Ray675

Well I aw umming and Arrring and thought 30 plus will do for touring plus a rucksack if necessary and the 10 will sort me out for days out if need be.