675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Lowered 675R?

Discussion in 'General' started by Phanomenal675, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Phanomenal675

Phanomenal675

Hi. I just bought a 2013 Daytona 675r from a guy. He says he was the only owner and that the bike is bone stock and he has never modified any part of the motorcycle. Everything seemed normal with the bike until after the first ride to work I realize I was flat footing the motorcycle. I've owned a Daytona before and I was not able to flat foot that one. I checked under the shock and it has a linkage that says PSR on it. My question is did triumph make a lowered Daytona 675r? And if so is this the linkage that they would've use? Or did this guy have the motorcycle lowered and isn't telling me. He is adamant that he never modified anything before. It doesn't appear that he has any reason to lie.

2. JohnnyPS4

JohnnyPS4

In answer to one part of you’re mystery PSR do make an adjustable length lowering link, Triumph didn’t make a lowered Daytona, doesn’t answer the question of who fitted it though

3. cpszx

cpszx

Maybe he just forgot, if he got the dealer to sort it early on?

4. Nah they didn’t, probably specd from new
    They’ll do anything if you pay them

5. Phanomenal675

Phanomenal675

Thanks for the reply. He Says he just bought it brand new and never ask the dealer to do anything to it. He says beside the services he never asked the dealer for anything else

6. cpszx

cpszx

Maybe they had taken deposit on a previous buyer and changed it for them, who then backed out?
    All kinds of possiblities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw ^ that would be my guess.

8. Phanomenal675

Phanomenal675

OK. Thanks guys. Next question would be is does anyone know if the psr link has enough adjustability to return the bike to stock height or do I just have to go out and buy the oem link.? Also where should the fork height be set once returned to stock height in the rear

9. cpszx

cpszx

I would expect it has, and 12mm

10. Phanomenal675

Phanomenal675

We are talking about this thing right? 12 mm from where to where? Thanks for your help BTW

20200802_164439.jpg

11. Phanomenal675

Phanomenal675

We are talking about this thing right? 12 mm from where to where? Thanks for your help BTW

12. cpszx

cpszx

12mm for the front forks.

I have similar adjustable link and it can be set to stock length and can go a bit more to put the bike higher than standard too if needed.

i dont know the stock length, but you could just adjust it until you feel comfortable.

13. Phanomenal675

Phanomenal675