675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Leaking Fork Seal

Discussion in 'How To's' started by cpatel89, May 29, 2021.

1. cpatel89

cpatel89

Hi All

Am after some help if possible

After a ride to work and back I noticed a wet spot on the floor and found that there was oil all over the caliper and it seems that it’s leaking from the fork

IMG_5211.JPG IMG_5212.JPG IMG_5213.JPG

What options do you guys think I have?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I'm actually renovating my own front forks at the moment.
    I had very similar issue, with the oil from the left fork suddenly leaking halfway through a trackday.
    If your bike has been left dirty & unused for a period, it could simply be detritus caught up in the oil-seal & sealmate may clear it. However in my case the seal was clean so that was no use.

3. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw I "currently" think the inner bushes on my fork uppers are worn, allowing too much movement of the stanchion for the oil-seal to accommodate when the suspension is under stress.

4. cpatel89

cpatel89

I’ve been using the bike over the last few days and it’s seemed fine but in all honesty it’s filthy

I tried to make my own seal mate and it doesn’t off seemed to off help but am going to buy one and try it just in case

If that don’t work am going to have to get it booked into a garage as I don’t have a headstock stand

5. Send it Stef at Tyres4bikes.

6. cpatel89

cpatel89

I’ve just bought a headstock stand, so hopefully will get it off as soon as it arrives and I was going to take them to ktech as I live about 30mins away

7. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Lucky you mate.
    N.B. you may find that you need to slightly re-position the horn for the headstock stand to seat firmly.

8. cpatel89

cpatel89

That’s for the info if you hadn’t off told me I think I would off ended up braking the horn.

I’ve dropped the forks off to ktech with a month long wait. Do you or anybody know if I would have to adjust the suspension once I get it back or will it still be the same setup?