675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Just Purchased Anybody Know the Previous Owners?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by starman, Feb 20, 2020.

1. starman

starman

Hi,

I'm so excited to have put a deposit on a Gen2 red Daytona 675 at a dealer in Bradford, however paperwork is alittle sparse. Its got a load of goodies on it so thought it might have been owned on here or somebody may know or seen it before.

Reg Number starts with SR12

capture1.JPG

Previous owners may have been from the Scotland area if that helps narrow it down...

Any information would be much appreciated! :)

I passed my mod 2 last year in July and have been riding a VFR 800Fi however find it a little heavy at 240Kg. Hopefully this one fits the bill.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SW73

SW73

Congratulations and welcome along. I can't help you with the previous owner but she looks in good nick. What does the v5 suggest?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. starman

starman

Thanks for the welcome and confirmation!

I don't have V5 unfortunately as the bike hasn't been delivered yet. The reg SR refers to reg area for Dundee. I know that the bike was traded in at Triumph dealer Shirlaws of Aberdeen and serviced there at the same time.

Its got GPR dampers, Arrow exhaust, Arrow rear set, Saddlemen seat, Ohlins rear shock, Triumph adjustable levers, LED lights and lots of carbon bits... Kind of distinctive spec really, hence my question.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I don't think it's on the V5 anymore, data protection?

• Like Like x 1
  5. StMarks

StMarks PTG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. starman

starman

7. starman

starman

Thought it was best to give an update...
    Got my first proper outing on the bike since it was delivered about 4 weeks ago due to a combination of weather and work commitments over the past weekend. Had it checked over at the local garage as i bought it blind from a dealer in Bradford. Just getting used to the bike at the moment and first time I've had quickshift on a bike. First impressions it's really light an nimble and makes some nice noises from the airbox and exhuast. I really enjoyed the ride and looking forward to taking it out in dry weather over the coming months.

Few little jobs on the horizon which include finding a decent tail tidy but I just want to get used to the bike and enjoy it. Note the strange choice of tyre... PR4's.

IMG_2453.jpg IMG_2454.jpg IMG_2455.jpg

8. StephenP

StephenP

Got PR4 on mine, lovely tyre if you ride in all weather which I did.

Planning to switch to the new m9RR from Metzler soon.

Evotech do a nice tail tidy, made a switch to one from melotti, not cheap but looks the nuts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jamie_____D

Jamie_____D

Hey,

That's me old bike. Well it was, then I sold it to a guy near Dundee.

Just noticed this thread after a prolonged absence from the forum after my off (not on this bike I may add!!).

That Daytona was such great fun. I would have it still if work conditions hadn't forced me to sell.

Good luck with your new purchase and I hope you are loving it as much as I did.

Just for your info, I know that the guy who bought it from me dropped it up Glenshee. There was minimal damage to the nearside fairing (scuffs mainly) and a new left front LED indicator.

Cheers

Jamie

P.S.

After having 2 years off, I've returned on this...

reduced.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. starman

starman

Hi Jamie, thanks for getting in touch, loving your new street and the paint colour!

I did trace the history back with the V5 and info from Shirlaws. Yes there looked like a low speed off on the left side and I have replaced the nose and fairing even though like you said the damage was minimal and just scratches to the paintwork.

Only other things I've changed are the oil filler and dipstick covers are now black and I got an Evotech tail tidy and number plate.

Would be interested to know what mods you made in your ownership, I'm assuming the rear sprocket was one of them?

11. Jamie_____D

Jamie_____D

Hey

Yeah front and rear sprocket along with gold chain.

Not much else apart from K&N filters and LED indicators. The quick shifter, steering damper and rear sets were all on the bike when I bought it and one of the reasons I bought in the first place.

That arrow can sounds awesome when caning it up through the gears on B roads, all the way up to 61mph

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. starman

starman

Quick update on the bike as I hate threads that just dry up with no end...

Well, I sold the bike yesterday to a chap from the Lutterworth area, I told him about this forum so hopefully he will come on at some point.
    I originally bought the bike to commute to work on Feb 2020, then a month later we went into COVID lockdown. Since then I've been working from home and looks like that's going to be a perm move. I'd covered just 700 dry miles during my ownership which is pitiful and a bike like this needs to be ridden. When I did ride it the bike just likes to egg you on to go faster and faster, and with my lack of riding talent or experience that wasn't a good idea. I've had a amazing time on this bike and had a few mini meets with mates following COVID rules and a run to Caffeine and Machine.

The noise the bike made as the guy test rode it around the block was insane (unbaffled arrow) I've never seen or hear anybody else ride my bike made me think twice.

No plans to replace the Daytona at the moment as I still have my VFR800, needless to say I will be sticking around to have a nosey and read about other ppls bikes as we have a good bunch here. Stay safe and keep riding!

Obligatory picture required...

• Thanks Thanks x 1