675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Is it just me...

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Degener8, May 5, 2015.

1. Degener8

Degener8

Is it just me.. Or does this kinda stuff happen to everyone,

Finally passed bike test, jumped on new bike that's been sat waiting for me to pass test for a month.. Dead battery...

Spend £500 getting 675 Road worthy, gets fixed.. Reg/Rec dies
    got to order part.. On back order

I buy something online.. Its out of stock!
    In stock.. Delayed delivery..

Just purchased BT infinity.. huge problem with Internet cabinet on the street..
    Call customers services.. May as well talk to my cat..

I could go on and on and on because this kinda crap ALWAYS happens to me lol..

Anyone else?

2. Ntecuk

Ntecuk

Nope my talk talk fecked up 6 days into the contract.
    My replacement battery for the 675 was fecked too.
    So px the Daytona
    Lots of time wasted on the phone to talk talk.
    But it's open reach who do the phone lines. Even worse than the providers.
    Your in need of a good laugh.

3. ... or a bonk :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Red675

Red675

No, not just you mate.

3 grand court fine last year (admittedly my own fault).

Come towards the end of paying it off and I fall off my bike - another 3 grand to fix that (oh and ive cleared 7 grand in credit card debt that was absolutely killing me during the last 12-18 months too).

Finally get to the end of all that nonsense and I get a court summons for riding without insurance on a bike I didn’t even own.

Send my not guilty plea off and ask for a new court date and it comes up while I’m away in the IOM.

In between all this I’ve had various issues with Get Geared, Sportsbikeshop, my mortgage is now due for renewal except I need to find a new job cos I got offered a £500 pay rise by the unbelievably tight c**t I work for. I’m 41 years old, been qualified in my job for over 20 years and taken on twice the amount of work I was asked to when I joined the firm 2 years ago and the horrible shitbag wants to give me a payrise youd have the hump with if you were a 16 year old part time bar staff..

I got fobbed off with it being in line with inflation which quite frankly is a complete fucking insult to my intelligence.

Suck it up and get on with it, these are the best days of our lives.

Apparently.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Live each day like your last, learn like you're going to live forever and don't have any regrets about anything you've done is my motto - nicked from Gandhi/mr Martin. After reading the above, my wasted £45 on a new battery and triumph spending 4hrs to find the faulty switch (£8 part, £240 labour) pales into insignificance.

To make you feel better - my mate had his multistrada serviced and valve checked - £1,000 bill and the dealer was only able to rent him a bike at £30 a day after 1 days "courtesy". Living the dream...!

6. Degener8

Degener8

Lol maybe I dont get the worse of it then lol just seems everything I do is loads more difficult than it needs to be lol its turning into the family motto I think "always the hard way" :)

im like this guy ! Loooooool!!!!

cab.png

7. mush

mush Yam Black Country Lad

Not just you, but it feels like it at times.

Best solution shrug and carry on................

8. nicmaverick

nicmaverick

No it's not just you...unfortunately you find people who fall in shit and come up smelling of roses, and others who get up, brush themselves down, and fall flat again....you just get up and struggle on...life deals you a set of card and you just have to play them...the choices we make is just a ' stick' or 'twist'.....I allways say try and look forward...make plans...even if those plans don't come off...

I could have added what's happened to me....but it's not a competition. I just try my best, that's all you can ask of anyone....to coin a very corny phrase....life is like a roller coaster....you can either get on and enjoy the up aswell as the downs, or you can spend your time fighting it...

9. emma-lou

emma-lou

Not just you degener8. Having been told the bike was road ready, the seller had to service and mot it when I said I'd buy...that took them 3 hours. Then rode my new 675 from dealer in snow...after dark, with dark visor on because a certain insurance co. seemed to have lost my pre-prepared quote for cover, had to stood in garage forecourt down from dealer on phone for hour talking to someone who knew nothing about bikes to re-organise insurance...eventually when I used bike the second time a week later, having had it on optimate, used it twice for work, second time, in work car park, it wouldn't start on Sunday morning post night shift...AA called, arrived to find that the garage had used a shitey battery, which had a sticker on it saying "for service purpose only "! So I rode it home revving it like crazy cos tick over wasn't enough to keep it going...luckily garage replaced it to me immediately via 3X bikes, but wasn't able to use bike for few days till we could pick it up...felt thoroughly seen off by seller...still once bitten!