675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

How to change headlight bulb

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by devastata, Oct 12, 2015.

1. devastata

devastata

Hi all,

Does anyone know what I need to do to change my front headlight bulb on a Daytona 675R 2013, all that is on permanently is the side light and the full beam works OK, the main bulb must have blown

cheers

Al

2. Same as a car take cover off remove clip swap bulb replace wires replace clip put cover back on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

...it will say on the package not to touch the glass so as to avoid heat spots. Wear gloves.

4. Stu675

Stu675

I find you have to be a bit brutal removing the carbon infils which is quite scary - I guess they are strong but on the other hand there is a lug glued on on one of them but gone missing on the other. it's a real tight fit.

5. Shaun

Shaun

Ive found the best way to get the carbon infills out is to put one hand at the front of the infills and push it firmly towards the bulb while lifting the end nearest the tank and use the same method for refitting,i am on my 3rd head light bulb in nearly 14.000 miles.

6. When my head light went I went to triumph bulldog and got a new bulb from them, explained that I haven't a clue how to change it, they changed it for me and showed me how..
    It's a 2 minutes job, glad they they did cos a few months later it went again...lol.

7. devastata

devastata

Thanks guys. Out of curiosity what bulb is it as the manual says h4 but I've heard people say it's different

8. Shaun

Shaun

I fitted a Ring auto bulb from my local auto spares £3.50 the number on it is R477 and buy a spare.

9. How many Germans does it take to change a light bulb?
    only one, they are very efficient and not very funny!

10. Stu675

Stu675

It's h7. Yup the manual is wrong. An H4 has 2 filaments for dipped and high beam.