675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

How to - 1050 Throttle Mod

Discussion in 'How To's' started by JayQ, May 16, 2011.

1. Ray675

Ray675

Thank you I'll order one tomorrow then. Did you order from lings triumph. I had a look but couldn't find the throttle ?

2. I ordered mine from my local dealer.

Part number is T2040331.

The "how to" pics on this thread refer to the Daytona 675, I think it may be easier on the STR as I'm not sure there is an internal weight.

Guess I'll find out when Ido it!

3. I tried fitting mine today and it was too tight in it's housing. It wouldn't spring back. Stuck the old one back in. What am I doing wrong?

4. You have to adjust the throttle play mate. Your fitting a bigger cam on the throttle.

So if you have 0play on the 675 Daytona throttle the 1050 throttle won't rotate

5. Thanks for your reply, gsxr-sniper87, but I think I may not of explained myself properly. The cam end is tight in the housing, it's rubbing up inside and fouling on the housing. There's slack in the cables but the fouling is stopping the springs returning.

6. Did you install it correctly?

May sound idiotic to most, but the cam has one side and way it fits, otherwise it does exactly what is described.

7. Hmmm, I'll give it another go. Maybe this time I won't do it after a 13 hour day, while trying to sort out dinner!

8. elloryp

elloryp

[QUOTE="p-trax, post: 99532,
    i am noticing that the throttle doesn't seem to return to idle, even though i lubed it with silicon spray, maybe with use it will free up (doesn't seem stiff though)?[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like you need to adjust the free play

9. Gremlin

Gremlin

I've just done this mod now and the throttle grip is not returning to idle either. Is it safe? Is there anything I can do to free it up? As it stands I'm a bit reluctant to ride the bike...

10. nila

nila Elite Ninja

There's no real risk if you can turn it down yourself and also have your clutch. You can fully control the bike.

11. Sounds like you need to adjust the cables, add a bit more slack in.

The 1050 throttle won't and shouldn't cause it to bind, just the cables needing to be adjusted.

12. Gremlin

Gremlin

Yeah, wound the adjuster all the way in and it's just enough to sort the throttle return out! It's a nice mod, sort of half way between a normal throttle and a dedicated QA throttle.
    Cheers fellas! :)

13. 6s3v3n5

6s3v3n5

Did the 1050 throttle tube mod and went for a nice long ride. 1050 throttle tube made no noticable difference, still have to be a contortionist to roll on full throttle. Major disappointment. Good thing it was only $12

14. Are you sure the bike wasn't already fitted with a 1050 throttle tube, you're the only person who's ever fitted one who hasn't noticed a big difference.

15. 6s3v3n5

6s3v3n5

I'm positive, the cam on the 1050 tune is a little bigger.

I'm not the 1st person to complain about this mod, I've heard it before. I figured I'd take a chance for $12

16. White

White

Made a massive difference on mine

17. D675hogg

D675hogg

Agreed. Much better with it.

18. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Pleased with mine too, but then we're not from Trump-land are we. ;))

19. Mine made a massive difference too. Can go from no throttle to full in one movement but couldn’t on original. Had to reposition hand while still maintaining throttle.
    You just must have small hands or something.

20. 6s3v3n5

6s3v3n5

What does my location or hand size have to do with how many degrees a motorcycle throttle twists?