675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Front paddock stand

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Chris3013, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Chris3013

Chris3013

What front paddock stands have the D675 owners got?

I've got a warrior front and rear set which I got free with my old CBR600F which were fine for that bike. However im having trouble with the front stand on my 2007 D675.

It doesn't seem to want to hook under the forks securely enough to lift the bike? I have plans to buy a head stand in the future to make maintenance easier.

Has anyone else had problems with normal front paddock stands?

I bought some bobbin hook adapters for the rear stand so thats absolutely fine.

2. The fork castings below the front axle are different lengths so they sit on the wonk if you use one directly under there, I have the triumph stand and it does the same thing.

You either need an adjustable height one or one that goes under where the calipers are bolted on.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

3. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw I have always used under fork front paddock stands, until I got my D675. After a few close calls ( and one embarrassing collapse changing a front wheel at a trackday) I invested in an under headstock stand. I have never had an issue since, and it wasn't even much money from Evilbay iirc.

4. Chris3013

Chris3013

The one I have is height adjustable but it still seems like it doesn't want to grip the right fork properly.

I thought it would be bad practice to lift the bike from the caliper mounts?

5. Chris3013

Chris3013

Awww no, I feel for you buddy . Im thinking a head stand is the way forward. Also means I can work on the forks if needs be!

6. Harris.
    Nothing else works as well IMO.
    Generally use an under fork one day to day but have the headstock stand as well (bought from somebody here ISTR) and although it is expensive, particularly these days. It is far better than the bikes falling over ;)