675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Frame plug covers ??

Discussion in 'General' started by Hogster, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Hogster

Hogster

Not sure the exact name for this but does anyone know if covers can be gotten for here to hide the silver against the black frame?

Usually where an abba stand etc mounts to the bike, where the two rearset bolts connect.

[​IMG]

2. RICH675

RICH675

Would have thought a black nut cover could be found on web but unsure of the whole “oval” area. Maybe remove and powder coat Matt/satin black?

3. towser

towser

My 675R had black rubber covers as standard but they only covered the nut not the whole thing

4. As towser said the 675 R has two rubber covers over the nuts, not sure if they were on all the post 2013 bikes but I would assume so , I can't see them on the fowlers parts diagrams but maybe your dealer could get some.
    The oval inserts could be removed and sprayed or powder coated satin black.
    Edit- oops, just noticed yours is the early bike, they didn't have covers, maybe you could get something generic from eBay.
    IMGP1042.JPG

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  5. D675hogg

D675hogg

Can be bought from world of triumph for a few pennies. I would think they shouldn’t be a far away fit from the under seat to low exhaust generations.

6. Hogster

Hogster

Cheers guys, I could have sworn I seen some of the daytonas that had a full cover that blacked off the whole area?
    I ust do some google searching again.

Does anyone have a part number for the rubber plugs above handy?

7. martin675

martin675

Iv got some second hand in the for sale section £15 the pair posted