675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Exhaust baffle

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Carpingjedi, May 19, 2021.

1. Carpingjedi

Carpingjedi

I currently have a Remus exhaust that came on my 2016 675r when I bought it. Love the sound but I have a track day coming up and I’m a bit worried I won’t pass the noise test as it doesn’t have a baffle.

I’ve scoured the internet and even spoke to Remus but cannot source a dB killer. Does anybody know if I would be able to get some sort of universal baffle or have any other suggestions? Seems my only option at this point is to buy a scorpion end can and fit that as will come with a baffle.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc

2. cpszx

cpszx

Which track are you going to? What is the db limit?

I have Remus and even with the Remus baffle fitted it will struggle to get below 103, so i only ever booked noisy days or tracks, cadwell 105 or donnington 108.

i had another baffle made up which was adjustable, but it is quite restrictive and didn’t make it much better.

even the standard exhaust struggled at 102 for snetterton when i last went.

i think you might need to change if you want to do regular days

3. Carpingjedi

Carpingjedi

I’m going to Bedford Autodrome and I believe the limit is 101 so it sounds like you could be right in needing to bite the bullet and get a new exhaust thanks for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc

4. cpszx

cpszx

The Arrow can that was a triumph option retained the exup valve which stays closed in neutral when you do noise testing, so that might be worth looking for if you will do regular days, rather than scorpion, sc, remus etc that remive the valve and need a servo buddy.