675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Eu in or out

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bl street, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Bl street

Bl street

this will be the biggest vote we may ever make, up to know I wanted to stay in but I think out is the only way to get the country back. it's not all about immigration as voting out will not stop it but slow it down. but a lot more countries are in line to get in so it could get a lot worse and I don't think mr Cameron quite gets what people really want. I think it's time to take a chance and get out it could be the making of us a few years ago we were discussing using the euro what a mistake that would have been.

• Like Like x 3
  2. scaramanga

scaramanga

we will never know if its right or wrong untill it happens if we pull out it will take time if the country gains strenght then it was the right move if we go even further behind other countries then it was the wrong move
    polotions will only tell us the parts they want us to hear and wont tell us the parts they want to keep quiet and cover over

• Like Like x 1
  3. Red675

Red675

Strikes me we were never fully in and that’s why we’ve been getting dry bummed by the beaurocrats in Brussels.

I’m undecided at the moment.

Its an IN vote right now though.

(can we get rid of the Camoron instead though please)

4. Out full stop!

The country is in dire state and yet sending more money to help others whilst no one aids us at all

• Like Like x 5
  5. SW73

SW73

Listening to Cameron, something about agreeing to stay in Europe in exchange for promise of five magic beans....My short answer is...if all of the ruling class think it's a good idea to stay in...which they do...it's probably good...for them rather than the rest of us. I'll vote to leave. It's being presented as an economic decision which strikes me as only partly right. It's about democracy and self determination. It's currently about shonky deals being sold to us on a partial truth. Remember, we didn't get a vote on the lisbon treaty...and those countries that did and produced the 'wrong' answer were sent back to have another go. Lots of experts will be telling us it'd be a disaster to leave. The same experts who told us banks don't need regulation and that the economy is recovering. There will be lots of negative talk about no one buying our stuff if we leave, the country will vote to stay and our rulers will claim victory because we've saved 5 pence on child benefit for polish plumbers while still having no say about which murderers/rapists/thieves come here to join our home grown band of filth. Sadly, the decision is already made. We're staying!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Red675

Red675

I think a lot of the arguing will get blurred and become a race/immigration issue and not an economic decision tbh,

7. IN - Balls Deep, in.

Fuck queues. I ain't queueing to go and visit my gran.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Immigration & economics go hand in hand and are directly responsible for the current situation / negotiations by UK.

The EEC / EC / EU was a noble idea from a bygone age of innocence as it's now turned into a gravy train and a be bureaucratic minefield.

While I agree on the freedom of movement as it's allowed me to live / work in a number of EU countries, I also believe that it's now abused beyond the original ideals that were put in place and curbs are badly needed for UK.

From a different angle,
    Most folks here know I live in Sweden and upon birth children are given a 'personal number' that is used for every aspect in everyday life such as health, education, paying taxes, opening bank accounts - you get the picture... Without this number you cannot survive in Swedish society and foreigners like myself are issued them once certain criterias have been met. (As I'm from with the EU is wasn't that difficult to confirm my ID and was straightforward) There is a big stigma on not paying taxes there and hiring someone 'cash in hand or black money' comes with severe penalties.

Maybe a Nation ID program for UK might be a start as part of the attraction of going to UK is the ease of getting cash work?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Red675

Red675

thats just a national insurance number isnt it?

with regards the point on immigration thats fine as long as the arguements confined to EU nationals and not the ongoing crisis with syrian and other such asylum seekers, which i doubt it will be once mr farage et al get involved

10. NO, as a NI is issued when you start working or around your 16th birthday and is not needed for banking or everyday things like I listed

11. Red675

Red675

One of my best mates has never paid a penny of tax in his entire life and he’s 42. Neither has his Dad. Im not sure it would go down too well trying to eradicate cash work over here (if that’s what youre suggesting).

12. I'm sort of suggesting that UK is so attractive to visitors as it's so easy to survive by finding cash work there as there are no or little penalties in place if employers get caught.
    Remove that environment and far fewer people make the U the top of their travel plans.

It's a nightmare of a situation because if someone arrives illegally within the EU they are covered by Human Rights entitlements etc etc.
    If UK wants to curb visitor numbers, it will have to opt out or rely on the PM to put his fine education and diplomatic skills to good use...

13. Red675

Red675

We’re already going down the illegal immigrant route which is exactly how I fear the whole results will be determined, when it should be more to do with the influence the EU has on our laws, be that farming, fishing, the motor industry and suchlike (imo of course).

If you want to stop asylum seekers arriving "illegally" on our shores, stop firing guns at each other. Its that simple.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Red675

Red675

15. SW73

SW73

That's my point. It's not an immigration or financial question. It's for me about whether we can change things when we vote. At present, we can't. What any change would look like is a different matter which could be decided at the ballot box.

16. Stu675

Stu675

I think the country is doing really well.

Is it backed up with an identity card? what stops you just making up a number or using someone else's number?

Is that in any way a good thing?

Is that in any way the UK's fault?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yes, ID card for all adults as children have everything countersigned by parents.
    It really does work as there is nothing can be obtained without a personal number / ID

18. Red675

Red675

In respect of my mate, no not at all, even he’s a bit embarrassed by it but I was just pointing out that a large % of UK citizens (born and bred) enjoy cash jobs so i'm not sure you’re going to get their approval on eradicating that particular benefit anytime soon.

With regards it being the UKs fault? That’s a whole different story and depends which side youre on I guess - the bomb the shit out of "all the terrorists" brigade or the lets try and come to some kind of compromise whereby innocent people’s towns, villages and cities aren’t raised to the ground in the name of oil, religion or whatever. We've certainly been guilty of the former.

There was a programme on telly last night about refugees in Sheffield – not just Syrian ones (or illegal ones) but all kinds of refuges from all over the globe – not only did most of them say they’d like to return home immediately if they had something resembling a life to build, some of them also said they were part of the commonwealth and when times are hard you “turn to daddy” – daddy being us, obviously. Kind of funny when you think about it – invading all those countries in the name of the queen all those years ago might just have come back to bite Great Britain on the arse somewhat. ( I apprciate that’s a very simplistic way of looking at it but it certainly raised a smile at the time).

• Like Like x 1
  19. gary1966

gary1966

I am not sure but once out and it goes belly up were f-cked??

I cant believe the amounts of money that we send to third world countrys and Europe, if we come out will this stop?

As for cash being paid hell of a job stopping it but in the building trade if the VAT was lower there would a hell of a lot less cash paid for jobs, customers paying £200 on top of every £1000 job if it was 7.5% =£75 most customers wouldn't even ask if cash was ok.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Staffy50

Staffy50

With respect mate, you have no idea how the UK's targeting process works. There is no way in hell we just indiscriminately drop bombs on peoples towns like the Russians/Syrian army. The cities that are in shit state have been destroyed by the Syrians.

An example, when I was in Afghan, we had a Taliban marksman with a sniper rifle looking at us, so we had to take cover. We couldn’t get a strike (bomb) on him as he hadn’t shot at us yet. So we had to stay in cover until he shot. In the end we were allowed to drop mortar smoke to scare him off. That’s what it was like when we had soldiers in danger.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2