675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Does anyone know the history of FX06 DYB?

Discussion in 'General' started by Janey, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Janey

Janey

I have a mad urge to get another Daytona (I know, I know, but my memory has blanked out all the grief and only remembers the good bits now) and I've seen this going dirt cheap on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-...-/164640040942?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

But... It's on an 06 plate but the fairing is of the later 09(?) uplift model and I know that the later fairing doesn't fit the original model. Plus the MOT from 2013 shows 15k odd miles yet the latest MOT has jumped back to about 13k. That suggests that the clocks at least have been changed, and possibly the engine too. Maybe it's just the frame that's from the earlier bike??? Without knowing more about what's changed, what the engine is and how many miles it's done etc, it sounds like a right wrong'n, yet the price is soooo tempting. The dealer has said that they don't know anything about much, other than they restated the current mileage showing on the odo.

Any insight from the collective on here?

2. Rawhide

Rawhide

That seems a bit iffy to me. Everything about it is 09-12 except the number plate. Callipers, engine, headlights, fairings etc. It’s also registered as grey I’m guessing as per the early models. I think this one came up on Facebook a while back and when I questioned the guy about it he quickly deleted his post.

3. Janey

Janey

In my naive fluffy world, it might be something as simple as it was an insurance write off and the frame was replaced with one from an earlier model. Or it might not be that straight forward. As much as I like the idea of the former, I'm not going to bet nearly £3k on it.

It's a shame as I'd quite happily have a (super) cheap 09+ low mileage bike.

4. StMarks

StMarks PTG

^This^
    Either it's been comprehensively re-worked by someone, or it's a ringer.!
    If it's been reworked, the engine may well be an ST instead of a fully fledged Daytona spec'.

https://675.cc/threads/daytona-675-se-black-gold-2011-for-sale.44053/
    £2k

5. Janey

Janey

It was seeing memzi's post that seeded the idea of getting another Daytona @StMarks. The sod . Even though I'm after a cheap n' cheerful second road bike that'll also be used for occasionally throwing down a track, the amount of garage space, work and money to get theirs up running and legal is beyond me. Puhhh.

• Like Like x 1
  6. White

White

I’d say keep looking, doubtful you will get to use it until Springtime. There was a lovely one for sale on here a few months back for about £3500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Janey

Janey

Hmmm, the ebay ad's been pulled. I wonder if it's been sold or if something in it's dodgy past has come to light? Guess I'll have to hang on for something else after all, but given how pathetically small my budget is, I could be waiting a while.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  8. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Mmm, I guess at some point I’ll be selling mine.

I’m not saying it’s for you Janey, but happy to write you a long email if you PM me your email address, I can write you a lovely story, about the bike!

Actually I might have your email, but I’m not going to push that’s not me.

Hope you’re keeping well x

9. Janey

Janey

I'm not sure that I'd know how to deal with an email that's not either a works complaint or scary bank statement these days.

I think that your lovely bike is going to be over what I can afford / what I'm willing to pay. Although I have Gucci tastes, I have more of a Primark budget. I'm ideally after a 2009+ plus, fairly low mileage bike. I Don't care how tatty and scuffed up the bodywork is as long as it's mechanically sound, as it'll be my 2nd bike and used as an occasional track toy and messing around on bike and I don't want to become overly precious with it, like i have been with my last 675.

10. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Bless you, email sent, I’m sure we can work some magic here, let me get my Janey pen out and see what I can do x