675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Diamond Original Tyre Heaters - anyone had probs with theirs?

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 2280, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Deleted member 2280

Deleted member 2280

I bought some Diamond Heaters / warmers some years ago and my rear warmer came with a faulty LED light that did not work but was replaced by warranty.

My rear warmer has now got the same issue and looks like it will have to be replaced or repaired.
    If memory serves me right, there are a few other members here who has had the same problem?

Anyone :)

2. My rear red LED has also failed but the green still works. It looks like a bad connection.

Might pull it apart and fix it myself

3. Deleted member 2280

Deleted member 2280

I called Diamond and explained that the LED light had stopped working again, they simply said to return it for repair / replacement.
    It'll be shipped to them in the coming days.

4. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw my Diamond Tyre Warmers have orange neon indicators that show if they have power to them, but that is all afaik.
    They are pretty old, drawstring version though.

5. Deleted member 2280

Deleted member 2280

It could have been yourself that posted a bargain link some time ago that resulted in me buying a set.
    The rear has been swapped already for the same reason, they do work fine but I like / want a functioning LED light.
    These are the elastic version.

6. StMarks

StMarks PTG

7. Deleted member 2280

Deleted member 2280

8. StMarks

StMarks PTG

9. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

This thread actually made me get mine out of the bag and give them a quick test to check they're working for next spring/summer - and seeing as the bike is now up on the stands, I've left them on the tyres for a little bit of insulation over the winter...