675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Daytona for sale

Discussion in 'General' started by Vettese0907, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Vettese0907

Vettese0907

Just putting the feelers out for a mate 2010 maybe 11 Daytona 675R( I can't remember and can't remember mileage as its not been turned on for a while) needs a little TLC. Manifold was removed 2 years ago as it had cracked welds and not been put back together since. What would be a reasonable price in this stage?

Ohlins front and rear
    Brembos
    Arrow end can
    Arrow rearsets

No silly offers i know what it will cost to get it back on the road and how much they sell for.

He just has not had the time to get it sorted.

Thanks

Dean Screenshot_20210404-200012_WhatsApp.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960F using 675.cc mobile app

2. Kirklet

Kirklet

I doubt you’ll get anywhere near market value if it’s a non-runner and in bits. There’s hundreds of other middleweight bikes out there which need nothing doing to them so the chances of subtracting a days labour from the going rate and hoping you’ll sell it for that are zilch I reckon.
    I reckon you’d be lucky to sell it for £4500. How bad are the manifolds? Just get them welded up and it’s only a steady day going through the bike and recommissioning everything.

3. Vettese0907

Vettese0907

Yeah understand wouldn't get near market value think he just wants rid. I am just putting feelers out for him on a price as is or better of he puts it back together.

4. Vettese0907

Vettese0907

From what I seen the manifold was bad think he just binned it he did buy a manifold a new one but that was a earlier model one which is now going on my bike once I decat it.

5. Kirklet

Kirklet

I run my own steel fabrication shop and made a jig to decat first generation bikes (round not oval ports). I made it when I decatted my track bike pipes.
    Our tamed TIG-welders can repair most things, so if you can send me a few photos on here I’ll let you know if they can be repaired.

6. Vettese0907

Vettese0907

The old manifold is gone how much do you charge to decat round ones and where you based?

7. Kirklet

Kirklet

8. Vettese0907

Vettese0907

Sweet thanks mate will be in touch when I pick them up

9. What area of the country are you? It's very difficult to value a bike without it running.
    Unfortunately nobody’s gonna pay good money for a bike they can't hear running.
    Personally I’d source a manifold before attempting to sell as I don’t think you’ll get £4k as a non runner

10. cpatel89

cpatel89

I have got a manifold if your mate wants it £50 plus p&p

It’s been welded up and is missing the spring and cap off the exup valve

IMG_4303.JPG IMG_4304.JPG IMG_4305.JPG IMG_4306.JPG IMG_4307.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc

11. Kirklet

Kirklet

Haha ! Who the flupp welded them up Lenny, Stevie Wonder? :D

12. cpatel89

cpatel89

I got one off my mates to weld it up he gave me the options either make it pretty and it possibly need rewelding or make it ugly but stronger

13. StephenP

StephenP

Ceramic coat it and you'd never know.

Besides you can't see it behind the fairings, so ugly is better

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

14. cpatel89

cpatel89

That’s the main reason I did that without taking the rad off you carnt see anything, but I got ants in my pants and could wait for him to sort it out and ended up buying a new one