675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Cyclists

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Gankmasterflex, Feb 24, 2014.

1. I'm surprised it's got a saddle

2. D41

D41

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, they're cool.....it's nice to see kids out riding again....I regularly see groups of kids out doing silly 15-mile rides....they have no idea what they're doing, but at least they're out there, and not stuck behind a laptop.

3. Must admit Bradley wiggins and co have a lot to answer for. Went out for a nice ride the other evening and plenty of cyclists about. Most in twos or threes and generally riding fine. That was until I came across the local club of 20+ riders who thought they were on Le Tour and riding 5 abreast on a B road. Train of cars behind was at least 8 and yet they made no attempt to get into a line or more manageable groups. If motorcyclists ride in groups motorists say we are threatening!

And 1 last rant. I was brought up in the age of where it was frowned upon to ride your bike on pavement. However nowadays ever one knows how riding on road is dangerous and most pathways are not cycle paths as well. I live on modern estate with wide paths split in 2, one side for pedestrians the other for cyclists. All the kids, ladies etc. seem to use it. However the Lycra clad and stubborn old men refuse to use them, instead riding on the road alongside them causing cars to back up as the estate roads have been made narrower to cut down speed.

4. if 20+ riders spread out into a line youd find it quite hard to pass them correctly

however they shouldnt be more than 2 abreast

5. If 20+ cyclists are lined up ... Easy solution

Ride upto them with your legs out and forward and hope for a strike not a 7-10 split or even a spare :)

6. Jay311275

Jay311275

If I see a group of Cyclists Unruly Negotiating Tarmac..... Lol I roll up to them as quitely as possible, clutch in and when close enough, rev like a mofo... That's shit scared nervous wobble makes my day. Also reminds them to fucking snap out of their god complex!!!

7. I fucking love cycling

I fucking love mountain biking

When out cycling i find it fun to help motorcyclists with "a god complex" by pointing out the line they should be on.
    I've also come down some hills faster on a pushbike than some motorcyclists do on their crotch rocket. In this instance i like to scream at them "hurry up fatty" as i come up behind them. Other times its easier to ride round the outside of them. I mean they pay registration, insurance and "a tax" on their vehicles emissions. The least they could do is learn some fucking road craft and how to negotiate corners at speed.

I also have insurance for my bicycles to cover me and other road users. Hopefully ill never need it but you never know when Briantino Rossi might "lose the front" on a non - existent patch of gravel, slide across the road and take me and my physique hugging lycra to the ground.

8. Red675

Red675

:lol:
    you must have some really shit bikers round your way mate, if i was passed by a cyclist i think id sell my bike, once id stopped crying

9. I have pulled away from motorbikes on descents from mountain passes in the Alps.

The road from Les Gets down to Morzine is ideal for it :)

10. Red675

Red675

Definitely a love hate relationship with cyclists and very little in between isn’t there. Most of the love coming from people who own one too :lol:

if i ever got a bike it'd be a bmx or mountain bike for going over the fields and getting covered in shite

pretty much no chance of that ever happening though

11. Jay311275

Jay311275

I agree

12. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

One word. Cruisers.

13. emma-lou

emma-lou

This seems a very passionate debate. The two sides could be very succinctly summed up in this tale. When I used to time trial, we would often end up in the pub, drinking back the calorie expenditure. My pissed brain thought I'd chat this bloke up who was on a MV or summat so I said, 'you could get into Lycra and come out riding with me', to which he replied, 'yeah, but you look like a c#nt!' Then, I really stylishly fell down concrete steps out into the car park on my noncey clip ons.
    The moral being, I was fitter than him, but he was probably right. (And by the way I don't think schedule 1 offenders are interested inpedals???)

14. So we've covered cycling next highly contentious topic amongst red blooded males.

The Bishops Finger, right/ wrong? Is it "a bit gay", should a lady ask politely first?

15. I remember reading about a descent on one of the Tour de France of a cyclist verses an R1 and the outcome was very close.

16. D41

D41

Yep, you can fly on a roadbike on a decent downhill.

17. emma-lou

emma-lou

No, I don't think so darlin', not in a meaningful relationship. You could claim sat nav malfunction, take me f'instance I meant to post on the handbag thread, but got the site map upside down.

18. isn't that a 35 kph limit? Lots of angry alpine police there last time I went too! Maybe I'm misremembering and should get another downhill bike so I check.

19. In this weekends newspaper supplement. Might go to see this for a titter.

Attached Files:

20. Red675

Red675

Cormac™ ★ ✈ ‏@CormacGP 25m
    This morning we've raced bicycle, motorbicycle, car & bus to commute into city. Eh, motorbicycle won. By a lot..

Cormac™ ★ ✈ ‏@CormacGP 25m
    Motorbicycle was 15 minutes faster than bicycle over 19km. I arrived happy, bicyclist arrived needing a shower.

Cormac™ ★ ✈ ‏@CormacGP 22m
    The lesson then, is clear. If you're using two wheels, put an engine in it. Don't cycle. Anywhere. Ever. #usefultips

:lol: my thoughts exactly mate