675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Cotunga Racing Competing in BMCRC SuperSport Clubman Cup

Discussion in 'Racing' started by kiwi_uk, Jan 15, 2011.

1. kiwi_uk

kiwi_uk

Hi All,

This year I will be racing in the BMCRC (BEMSEE) SuperSport Clubman Cup on my 06 Triumph Daytona 675. We finished 6th in the Rookie 600 championship last year but we're under no illusion that this year will be much much tougher racing against seasoned racers. Compared to last year 2011 will be an even bigger learning curve for us so whilst the results may not come in the first few meetings we're hoping for consistant top 10 finishes my mid season. Big goal but we have to aim for something eh :)

Dates:

19 Feb 11: Brands Indy: BMCRC ACU Test Day
    20 Feb 11: Brands Indy: Hottraxs ACU Day

4 - 6 Mar 11: Brands Indy
    24-Mar-11: Snett 300: No Limits Track Day
    25 - 27 Mar 11: Snett 300

29 Apr - 01 May 11: Pembrey
    20 - 22 May 11: Brands GP

17 - 19 Jun 11: Silverstone

29 - 31 Jul 11: Brands Indy

12 - 14 Aug 11: Cadwell Park

2 - 4 Sep 11: Snett 200
    23 Sep 11: Getting Married Yes I'm still racing this weekend :D
    24 - 25 Sep 11: Brands Indy

I'll post here before each weekend what garage I'm in if we have one. You're more than welcome to drop in and say hi.

I will also post Race reports here after each meeting we compete in.

Hope to see some of you there.

2. 675.cc meet at one of these dates anyone? Show a bit of support for a Daytona 675 racer?!

3. Davetona

Davetona Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure us Southerners could get together for a meet at Brands.
    Best wishes this season Kiwi. :D

4. kiwi_uk

kiwi_uk

Brands Wet Testing

Over the weekend we went to Brands Hatch with BEMSEE and tested in wet conditions. We had three main things to work on Saturday:

1. Wet riding style
    2. New Bridgestone Wets
    3. Wet setup

In the first session on the morning we went out on track with dry settings using the new Bridgstone wets and whilst the front seemed to be a bit vauge the rear had very little grip. Before the second session we changed to out wet set up base setting given to us by Darren at MCT Suspension and what a difference. We had loads more grip on the rear end and lots of feel through the front. With a couple of tweeks to settings we finished with a great wet base setting running 6 seconds a lap faster in the last session compared to the second session. The first session was not timed.

I improved my wet rding style allowing us to keep the bike up on the fat of the tyre as much as possible which greatly attributed to the lap times at the end of the day.

I really rate the new Bridgestone wets. The front has a new tread pattern and compound which provides more grip and feed back with better wear than last years model.

First race meeting is 5 / 6 March at Brands Indy. We will be testing again 2 / 4 March with hopefully some dry weather.

5. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

Top Job Chris, wish you all the luck in the world mate :smileup: if I can get there I will, definitely hoping to see you up at Snetterton end of march and will definitely come and wish you well on the day!

New paint job is the Danglies as well :D :D ! All the best, Dave!

6. Good look mate maybe even see you on the grid towards end of the season manly going to be racing with Emra but might do a few arounds with other clubs.

Sent from my iPhone

7. kiwi_uk

kiwi_uk

Thanks guys,

Wilson, let me know closer to the time mate and I'll book a garage together or we can share a pitch in the paddock :D