675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Brace yourselves it's not over yet...

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Gankmasterflex, Mar 20, 2013.

1. D41

D41

It looks so pretty...you guys are so lucky. :D

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

That was just what I was thinking at midnight last night night when I was playing "StMark's emergency Taxi Services".
    Then once again for the three hours we spent in the howling wind digging a path through a 6' high by 20' + long snow drift with my toes feeling like they had dropped off, my arms aching & my face stinging from the wind/snow blast.
    Hands up who feels ; oh so lucky.! :roll:

[​IMG]

3. 23Dark

23Dark

Well you guys had better have it all shovelled and swept up by the time we arrive back on sunday as we ve acclimatised to this spanish weather.

:grin:

4. Me too

5. There's no snow up here in the northeast but a freezing cold wind so still won't be going out on the bike :(

6. D41

D41

That pic is awesome!! :lol: :lol:

7. Wyrm

Wyrm

No snow or ice down in the South East where I am... and it's not all that chilly.
    I'm hoping it's cleared up north by the 1st too as I'm as Silverstone!

8. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

Lots of snow here but roads are clear. Here's hoping we don't need ice speedway tyres for Snetterton in may...

9. Gankmasterflex

Gankmasterflex

I was thinking about putting snow chains on just in case :roll:

As soon as we get the first bit of sun I am going to have the fattest BBQ ever as a big fuck you to winter! :twisted:

10. No snow in Reading, just bloody cold and windy which is good as am using Daytona to get to work.

11. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

The snow stopped here yesterday afternoon. Main roads clear, lanes still a bit of a mess. Garden - well I think I will give up for this year, poor plants are covered under about 30cm frozen snow, out in the field it's 40 - 45cm. Sophie's school is closed cos of 'elf and safety :roll:

12. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

I'm in Carmarthen tonight, no snow at all, but loads higher up in the hills I'm told, this end of Wales has gotten away with it. It's frickin' cold though!

13. Makes a nice change that the south is getting all this bad weather. I've just come back from the alps and it's so much colder here in the UK.

14. StMarks

StMarks PTG

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Where have you been mate.?

15. Been snowboarding in La Plagne.
    Near where that father and son died when they were out walking. And in the same village as that Scottish guy who also died on his way back home from the bar we were drinking in!! And somehow it feels colder in the UK.

16. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I did La Plagne & Les Arcs year before last.
    Pretty large area, plenty of scope & quite good VFM all considered.
    Not too much in the way of serious challenges though (that I could find).
    :p Plenty of snowboarders to slalom round though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. This was only my second time doing snow sports so plenty of challenges for me. LOL.

18. Tray

Tray

Well we did try a Julian run in Jan. and almost froze to death.

Attached Files:

19. dino

dino

You cant beat a bit of snow with your motorcycling

Transfagarasan Highway Romania June 30th 2011. On the way back down after admitting defeat.

alh3.googleusercontent.com__XGEbRtsr3wg_Tp3HU4AaZLI_AAAAAAAAAu77fcbbb6a751a020d082f38de44264b7.jpg

June 2007 The highest tarmac road in europe. The pile of snow on the floor is the snowman we built and carried as a pillion

alh4.googleusercontent.com__hMrpTeB_iKU_SWJ1bMRY8pI_AAAAAAAAAOs_F_tL7urEjCM_s601_DSCN0882.JPG

20. D41

D41

Our Triumph group ride for January was to Julian...lucky we didn't do it until February 3rd!! :lol:

You're more than welcome to join us if you like...we usually ride once a month, and usually on a Sunday.