675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Bogging problems

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Breeny38, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Breeny38

Breeny38

I have read through the posts on here on bogging. So getting the bike reedy for track. Changed the stator and regulator. ( now giving 14 volts when running) changed plugs, oil/ air filter. new oil. Started bike, on tick over sits around 1k revs then drops as bike warms up then stalls. when i rev the bike steady it revs to 15k but when i rev it hard it bogs. when riding the bike it wont rev past 9k.

I looked at the servo/exup and it seems to be working opening and closing from the outside with the revs. Checked all hoses, cables everything is connected correctly.

What else could be causing the bogging.
    Cheers for your help
    John

2. StephenP

StephenP

You saying it won't idle? Did you reconnect the hose to the map sensor on the airbox

Also, when lowering the tank did you get a kink in the fuel hose?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

3. Breeny38

Breeny38

It would idle but got slower then died. now wont idle when warm. yes hoses did come off but back in place after reading other posts. including the map sensor.. cant see kinks in fuel line.. thinking i need to pull the fuel filter & check that. could be TPS switch

4. Breeny38

Breeny38

all sorted.. the breather pipe inside the tank was blocked. also took the fuel pump and filter out the tank. very surprised buy the amount of crap in the there. 2 hours later all cleaned including the jets bike now runs ticks over like it should.

filter.jpg fuel pump.jpg pump.jpg tank.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Hello mate. My bike has a similar issue. Any chance you could write up how you diagnosed and how you too took apart to clean? Was it something a simple home mech can do?
    Cheers.