675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Balancing Throttle Bodies

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by bladebiker, Oct 1, 2020.

1. bladebiker

bladebiker

I am currently using dealertool to try and balance my 2006 Daytona throttle bodies. Cl 1 currently reads 81 Cl 2 reads 75 and Cl 3 reads 77. When I adjust the screw in Cylinder 1 it just seems to have no effect at all and the reading stays at 81. I assumed that even minor adjustments would have an effect but i've gone almost 2 full turns and the only thing that happens is it throws CL 3 out slightly. They were fine when I checked them a while ago but since I had the airbox off again to check the plugs and came to check the TB's again this has happened. This really puzzling. Just wondered if there were any ideas out there.

2. StephenP

StephenP

Have you taken the throttle bodies out recently? I found once that if you don't push them down and get a nice snug fit into the rubber boots when you tighten the clips around them you could have an issue

Had it on mine and no matter what I did they wouldn't sync, ended up getting new rubber boots which had a slightly new design on the seal, fitted and was an instant fix.

Failing that check the hoses coming off the bottom for any blockages but I doubt that'll be your problem, maybe the sensor which isn't hard or costs much to grab a replacement.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

3. bladebiker

bladebiker

I had trouble removing the air box and trumpets and may have disturbed something so that would make sense. Will remove the throttle bodies and have a look. Looks a job that might be harder than the manual describes!

4. bladebiker

bladebiker

Was about to pull off the Throttle Bodies then I discovered a a throttle body hose had come adrift! Problem solved however Cyl 3 is still slightly out on idle but they come into balance when the motor is revved. Are you supposed to balance on idle or should I just leave it alone.

5. StephenP

StephenP

Balance on idle, shouldn't be too hard now they're all reading

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

• Thanks Thanks x 1