675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Back on the road after 9 1/2yrs!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ghostrider675, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Ghostrider675

Ghostrider675

Hi everyone!

Last rode my 2006 675 in June of 2012..... laid it up after the birth of my 1st child but couldn’t let the bike go.

It’s now with a good friend & Triumph technician being brought back to life as I type & I can’t wait!

Everything has moved on a bit & I hope that finding this forum will help me in getting back on the road once more.

I’m sure it’s been asked but as my Michelin 2CT’s are past their best, what rubber boot are people using now? (& are there many 1st generation models like mine still living...?)

Thank you all & safe riding!

Neil

• Like Like x 1
  2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Welcome (back?) to our friendly little forum Ghostrider675, that's quite a period of abstinence you've endured.
    That's one of those questions where if you ask 20 owners, you'll get 20 different answers. Fwiw I have the M7rr on my road wheels, and find them confident & reliable.
    Quite a lot still about, however a great many find their way onto a track & seem to embrace the environment so much that their owners take to using them as dedicated track tools.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ^^what he said. m7rr and I find they v. Good

4. SW73

SW73

Welcome in @Ghostrider675 I'm always delighted when people keep hold of a bike despite not being able.to resurrect it til much later. I still ride one of the last gen 1 d675 models... though not as much as I'd like! Sounds as if recommissioning it might be top fun. Are you and your friend documenting the process? It's always great to see a few pictures of what folk are up to. Welcome along anyway. Great to have you. IMG_20200622_142559.jpg

5. Will be great to see another early Gen1 back on the road, sometimes wish I still had my 2006 Scorched Yellow 675, now that was a great looking bike and Its been years since I've seen one on the road.
    Bet you're glad you didn't sell it now, keep us up to date with the progress and hopefully you'll get to ride it again soon.

6. Ghostrider675

Ghostrider675

7. SW73

SW73

@Ghostrider675 I can't see the media you've attached. Not sure why but clicking the link just results in a 'no permission' message.

8. Ghostrider675

Ghostrider675

Sorry- new to forums & just figured out how to change the privacy!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ghostrider675

Ghostrider675

So she’s running after saving the tank but the fuel pump module was a write-off.
    New stand spring, all fluids flushed & swapped out too.
    New pads & discs along with a new coolant cap. (Mine had started to weep as the temperature went up)
    Datatool alarm was goosed as was the tracker so new alarm & tracking going on as I type.

Excited to try out a box fresh set of Metzeler M9’s too…

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SW73

SW73

Great stuff. That air filter looks like you've had your monies worth . The bike will be grand once it's done a few miles. I've the oil to change on mine though it does no miles now. Next year... taking her back to the Alps! Had the fuel just varnished the whole thing and bunged it up? I think there's a wiring harness upgrade and new fuel filters are available. Happy days. Hope you get a few miles in before it snows!

11. Ghostrider675

Ghostrider675

There was 2 recalls which have been done, rectifier/harness & fuel filter (but mine needed a new pump too)
    Fuel varnish killed most of it but she’s running good now.

I’ve a good run from Essex to Devon to do before the proper winter to see an old friend as a surprise then it’ll be sell or keep……

• Like Like x 1