675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Back on 2 wheels

Discussion in 'General' started by TripleJimmy, Sep 15, 2020.

1. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

After a career change last year I sold both my 675 track bike and my BMW road bike not expecting to be on 2 wheels for some time.

Just picked up an ex TT K6 GSXR 1000 from a friend of a friend. It's been stood up since 2017 so it's a project for now, but feels great having a bike again. Its got a built engine and is in the region of 190bhp at the wheel so with no TC I am sure it's going to be a bum clentcher!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Rogerrabbit

Rogerrabbit

Welcome back mate we can never stay away for too long the love always claws us back . Lovely looking machine you got there looks like it will be epic fun....... but I did love your Beamer

3. Frogcake

Frogcake Moderator Staff Member

Nice! You going to put it back on the road or keep it for the track?

4. Great news mate, nice wheels and we all love a project don't we?

5. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy

Moderator Staff Member

It's got the original UK v5 so I can't imagine it's to much hassle to put it back on UK plates so it's something I thought about. I am not to worries though with winter coming and riding anywhere in the south east is just a mission of late.

Some bits are a bit beyond my skill so I have been speaking with MSG racing about them having it for a once over. The bike owe me very little so I don't mind chucking a bit of money at it. I'd rather it be safe lol I'd feel better having had an expert look at it before I launch it at a corner.

6. That’s looks like a cracking bit of kit mate well done!

If you do end up with it on the road a fancy a ride out, let me know! I’ve just bought a 2020 R1 so not needing much of a excuse to go out for a blast these days!

hope you’re well mate.