675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Aftermarket Rearsets with Triumph Quickshifter - Help Please

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Colin Smith, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Colin Smith

Colin Smith

I've recently bought a 2011 Daytona R to replace my 2006 model.

I had Rizoma rearsets on the old bike, and planned to transfer them over to the new one, but on quick inspection, it doesn't look like they are compatible with the Triumph (Translogic?) quickshifter that's on my R model.

Am I missing something/being an idiot?

2. StephenP

StephenP

Most likely needs a different length rod to connect them up

Sent from my Nokia X20 using Tapatalk

3. Presumably you put the standard rearsets back on your old bike? If they worked fine I'd have thought the Rizomas should work fine on the new bike. I didn't think the rearsets changed between gen 1 and gen 2 Daytonas? As usual I could be completely wrong!
    You probably realise but just in case the shift rod with the quickshifter attached can be shortened or lengthened a bit by winding the threads in or out while it's disconnected.
    Good luck.

4. Colin Smith

Colin Smith

(luckily I had a spare set of standard rearsets which went back onto the old bike).

At the moment I've got the Rizoma rearset on the right hand side of the R, and I've left the standard rearset on the left side.

The problem is that the stock rearsets use a 'ball joint' (also used by the quickshifter) whereas the Rizoma uses a bolt passing through a spherical bearing (rose-joint).

I'll have another look at it over the weekend and post up some photos for clarification.

5. StephenP

StephenP

Those can be changed as they're just screwed on the ends of the rods

Worse case just purchase a new rod and fit whatever head joint you require to make them fit

Sent from my Nokia X20 using Tapatalk