675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

675 Daytona restriction removal

Discussion in 'How To's' started by Dave Robinson, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Dave Robinson

Dave Robinson

Hi
    Just purchased a 12 plate 675 , which is lovely to ride , however I’ve discovered that it’s restricted when I get to about 10,000 revs it won’t rev higher, anyone advise me where the restriction is , previous keeper doesn’t know , done a little net research which suggests it some sort of bracket / plate fitted on the throttle bodies that restricts throttle cable movement , anyone experienced this , if so is it easy to remove , eg tank off , air box off , remove plate and bibs your uncle or is it far more complicated , any advice greatly appreciated
    Thanks Dave

2. https://www.triumphinstructions.com/default.aspx

A9618040

That's the part number for the kit, the link is the instructions to install, looks like a simple job of taking the tank & airbox off and removing the bracket.

How did the previous owner never notice?!

3. StephenP

StephenP

Didn't even know they did one. Must of been annoying to ride when you can't redline it past 10k

4. Dave Robinson

Dave Robinson

Cheers for the response , not really sure how they didn’t notice to be honest , must have rode it like Miss Daisy , having said that it revs clean to 10k, which I suppose is ok for most sedate riders , any links for an online manual that can give me advice re tank / air box removal
    Cheers
    Dave

5. farmer1

farmer1

I wonder what the restrictor was for?
    French 100bhp??
    I'd have thought that a Daytona @10k rpm would be well above our old 33bhp or even the new a2 47bhp.

6. It’s not even just that now, power to weight ratio of the original is taken in to account, and the tona made more power than an r6 which is no longer restricted friendly I believe

7. Legacey

Legacey Moderator Staff Member

My daughter wanted a Daytona on a A2 licence and we were told that you shouldn't put a restrictor kit on a 675 due to it not liking it, not sure what would happen if you did though :eek: