675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

1pc or 2pc Leathers

Discussion in 'Clothing & Safety Equipment' started by Captain Steffydog, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Rossgo

Rossgo

Cheers Chap seems like a good company to buy from

2. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Ok, so this hasn’t quite gone to plan, doh.

Amazon suit arrives, tried it on, too big. Baggy around arms, crutch and legs!

So that’s on it way back to them for a refund.

Boots the seller doesn’t have, so a refund for those.

Decided I’ll wait and chill a bit, bike show in London in Feb, I’ll go and try a load on and buy one there.

100mph!

Excuse the images, quickly taken at work, as you do!

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

3. cpszx

cpszx

as they all seem to be slightly different, i think it's a case of "buy it if it fits" when trying things on :lol:

is that your Fest suit?

4. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

I’ve just been offered the black version of this for £339!

Mental, almost worth buying and having altered to fit!

5. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Bargain! If it’s available in a size down, why don’t you get that (if you can send it back too)? White leathers just end up going grey/fly splattered anyway - black leathers stay looking smart for longer imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

7. Rossgo

Rossgo

To be fair that doesnt look tall bad. Looks like it would be a comfortable fit. How badly is that saggy?

Personally love the white Captain just means a tad more maintenance/ cleaning time but could just give it a wipe down with a cloth after each ride.

Thats strange how suits all are different when you tried the latest one in shop! What is it you think you will be doing then? Buying the latest suit or swapping brands?

8. Rossgo

Rossgo

Also remember what does it feel like on the bike with gloves and boots on, maybe when you get into a sitting bike position it may tighten up a bit more?

9. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

I tried a squat and it wasn’t good tbh.

I’ll go up the bike shoe in London in Feb, it’s only 20-30 mins away, I’ll try and buy there, job done. I’ll try a few names and decide on the day.

That’s my new plan :)

10. Rossgo

Rossgo

Sounds like a good plan Captain. To be fair its exciting finding the right suit. Also no rush through the winter months anyway. Enjoy the hunt buddy

11. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Cheers, will update when I’m there!

12. Good to see that you went for the one piece suit, much better I think.
    I've had 2 x Dianese suits that both went down a few times at the track and then I switched to RST.
    Currently on my second RST suit as the first one went down quite a few times, all suits held up well but of course the RST are a bit better priced.

13. MorganH

MorganH

As KetteringChap said a few posts back, there are some made-to-measure options out there for very reasonable money; https://www.drcleathers.co.uk/ being one of them, https://www.dannisport.com/ being another.

I was seriously considering them recently when looking for a new suit so thought I'd share (only heard of them through an interesting article on Superbikefreaks).

I can't vouch for them personally (turns out my deeply average build fit an off-the-peg RST Tractech R quite nicely, and that was even cheaper) but I didn't find much in the way of negative reviews on either during my research.

As I say, just thought I'd share as I hadn't even considered made-to-measure, thinking it would be way out of the question financially, but turns out there are very reasonable options out there.
    And obviously you can have your nickname splashed across the arse as well :smileup:

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the links and post, will deffo have a look and read.